The shipping manager conducts daily expectations meetings with their leads along with their entire shift to discuss quality needs and concerns. They monitor the dash board to make sure that all orders get out on time and notify the operations manager if they are going to fall short and need assistance. They are expected to be able to work through the many daily challenges that come with the position while reflecting the company vision and culture by the example they set. Typical duties include the following:
- Meet with leads to discuss current workload and goals.
- Facilitate beginning of shift quality meetings with all employees .
- Organize people and make sure that all of the shift’s needs are met.
- Monitor productivity.
- Ensure all training and processes are current with the department and employees .
- Ensure that all equipment needs for pickers are met throughout the day.
- Ensure freight shipments leave with the appropriate carrier and BOL.
- Make sure that the daily workload is on pace to complete all of the orders on time.
- Work with account managers to resolve concerns or complete special instructions.
- Attend and report at the shift change meeting.
- Monitor the on-time dashboard to ensure 99.5% on time shipping.
- Support Kaizen, 5S and lean manufacturing endeavors.
- Monitor capacity and report needs and trends monthly.
- Monitor IT needs and report monthly.
- Report on shipping metrics.
- Secure the building before and after the shift and prepare the warehouse for operation.
- Training and developing all team members. Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some college coursework or degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years supervisory experience required.
- Previous warehouse work experience is required.
- 5S and/or lean manufacturing training preferred.
- Familiarity with picking, shipping, and inventory storage routines.
- Self starter with ability to take personal initiative and pride in their work.
- Ability to motivate staff by building and executing positive habits according to process.
- Experience in solving routine challenges.
- Ability to focus on details
- Management of others and directing them according to department metrics will be required.
- Applying corrective action procedures for both department workers and inventory control will also be required.
- Experience in training and directing others according to established operational guidelines is crucial.
- Computer ability is also critical.
- This position requires a working knowledge of our WMS, and the ability to troubleshoot and correct issues.
- Must be able to execute time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain positive attitude during stressful situations.
- Must have previous management experience.
- Flexiblity to work AM/PM shift.
Full Time; M - F
Great Work Environment
Comprehensive Health Insurance, PTO, 401(k) and Holiday Pay Offered
IntegraCore, Inc. dedicates itself to its clients' long-term success through superior coordination of their manufacturing and distribution...