Sure our name is silly, but Big Ass Fans is serious about being the best: the best in fan design and engineering, the best in customer service and the best place to work. That's why we are looking for great talent to help us get there.
That's not to say Big Ass Fans isn't already a force to be reckoned with. Since our beginning in 1999 we have experienced phenomenal growth. Our staff has grown from two eager entrepreneurs to a worldwide team of over 300 employees.
Bring Your Best to the Table
Big Ass Fans is looking for big thinkers. Big Ideas are what helped us become the world-class company we are today. We have a multi-phase interview and testing process to help us find the bright minds who will help lead the company into the future. It doesn't matter if you are fresh from the graduation aisle or a seasoned pro. If you are smart, savvy and driven, Big Ass Fans is looking for you.
At Big Ass Fans the work is fast-paced and challenging, but the rewards are great. Enjoy a rapidly growing company with excellent benefits.
We describe our ideal employee as:
To succeed as a Shipping Specialist, you will need to demonstrate a high level of:
- Smart – highly intelligent in a practical way (not just "book smart").
- Takes initiative – recognizes an opportunity and moves quickly to take advantage of it.
- Committed – willing to work hard and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Curious – genuinely, intensely curious about the world and people around them.
- Adaptable – readily adjusting oneself and one’s responses to changes in situation or business climate.
Your main objective will be:
- Attention to Detail - Pays attention to details; reduces a complex concept or task into something that is manageable and clearly interpreted with the patience and perseverance to pursue a problem until its reason and resolution have been exposed. Takes great care with tasks and has a respect for doing things properly.
- Processes and Procedures - Consistently follows established company, industry, business, and/or scientific guidelines for the way that they accomplish their work.
Ensuring all orders are accurately and efficiently picked, packed, and prepared for physical shipment. The Specialist may be responsible for operating or using material handling equipment such as powered industrial trucks, hand trucks, and pallet jacks plus any other equipment found on or around shipping docks.
Your role will include these critical activities:
Finally, you must also convince us that you have:
- Observes Big Ass Fan safety and security procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions or security issues promptly. Practices safe work habits and operation at all times.
- Adhere to all ISO procedures and Work Instructions to ensure a high level of quality.
- Pull parts for kits, packs, labels, and loads orders as assigned in an efficient manner that meets or exceeds customer and company expectations.
- Able to operate and/or become certified to operate material handling equipment such as powered industrial trucks, pallet jacks, hand trucks, dollies, and roll carts in order to efficiently move product from staging areas into trailers, ocean containers, and customer vehicles.
- Understands barcode technology and operates RF equipment as assigned.
- Responsible for assisting other departmental areas when primary responsibilities are completed.
- Helps maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Ability to maintain positive work relationships with all employees.
- Attendance at work is an essential function of this position.
Big Ass Fans has a commitment to the principles of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with this commitment, we will continue recruitment, employment, compensation, promotion, terms, conditions and privileges of employment of qualified persons without regard to gender, race, age, sex, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals shall be judged solely on their job-related aptitude, training skills and performance.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3+ years previous warehouse, shipping, receiving or order selecting experience.
- Knowledge of ISO Standards, OSHA, and DOT rules and regulations as they apply to warehouse shipping operations.
- Able to obtain powered industrial truck [forklift] certification or be able to produce proof of prior certification or training [preferred].
- Safely use all packaging and freight handling equipment associated with a shipping dock area, may include forklifts, strapping tools and equipment, RF equipment and personal computers.
- Must be able to lift 40-70 pounds on a repetitive basis.
Big Ass Fan Company, the name says it all. Delta T Corporation, doing business as Big Ass Fans, makes six-to-24 foot diameter ceiling fans....