Build Your Future in the Shooting Sports
the power of passion
ATK Sporting Group is a company that proudly serves the law enforcement, military/government, international and sport shooting markets. As a manufacturer of ammunition, optics, reloading equipment and shooting accessoriesas well as a leading producer of tactical gearATK Sporting Group meets the needs of its customers by offering technologically advanced products proven in the field. We match the passion and intensity of our customers with our unwavering dedication to products that will perform under the toughest conditions.
Based in Anoka, MNa small Minnesota town perched on the edge of the mighty Mississippi RiverATK Sporting Group headquarters is also home to Federal Premium® Ammunition, one of the shooting industry’s most recognized and respected brands. Nestled among the lakes, rivers and great north woods of MN, Federal Premium has been producing ammunition in Anoka since 1922. As an active business in the local community, Federal Premium has been responsible for abundant employment opportunities and community involvement throughout its history.
Our Anoka, MN location is seeking a Shipping Supervisor to add to our team. This location has a rich history in the community and has been operating since 1922. The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for leading and supervising shipping personnel through decision-making in support of departmental of order filling demands, inventory control needs, transportation planning and routing parameters and work assignment schedules.
Education and Experience
- Accountable for achieving daily throughput targets
- Prepare documentation for assembly of pulling orders, dock assignment, and loading trucks - carrier by carrier.
- Promote safe work environment, team work, and inventory integrity.
- Assign and evaluate daily workload per individual shipping associate
- Manage order flow and react to excessive shipping workload
- Staff from production areas as workflow dictates
- Maintain rapport with shipping office personnel, production area supervisors and/or managers, internal order administration, customer service and credit personnel, and external transportation vendors and drivers and manufacturing.
- Anticipate extended hours for daily overtime and/or weekend work as order flow dictates.
- Coordinate activities with Second Shift Management/Supervisors.
- Insure compliance with ISO requirements via training and processes
- 4-year college degree.
- 8 to 10 years combination of administrative leadership and “hands-on” warehouse experience to include order processing, shipping/receiving, inventory control, TL, LTL and parcel transportation, logistics, material handling, and layout/setup.
- 4+ years WMS, Business Objects and/or SAP experience including word processing and spreadsheet.
- 4+ years of responsibility for hiring/firing/reviewing personnel with accountability for 15 or more subordinates.
- HazMat certified
- APICS required or equivalent experience
- Excellent numerical recognition and comprehension
- Excellent safety and team orientation.
- High Motivated
- Ability to assess improvement opportunities in employees and processes
- Experience in logistics
- Knowledge of lean principles and six sigma
- Memberships with CSCMP and WERC
: Preparing paperwork at a desk for 5 to 6 hours per day. Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weights of 30 to 70 lbs. for 1 to 2 hours each work day. Sitting on fork truck or motorized cart up to 1 hour at a time and climbing on and off these vehicles. Stooping, kneeling, reaching, crawling and crouching to access product. Near vision, far vision, depth perception and field of vision for safety. Standing, sitting and moving about for a majority of the time.
Equipment Used: Operation of forklifts, motorized carts and other material handling equipment (MHE) and correction of others in the use of MHE. 10-key calculator; AS/400 and E-mail software for inventory control and carrier routing purposes. Wrapping machines. Banding machines and tools.
Working Environment: Shifts vary from days (7 to 3), evenings (3 to 11) and are regularly extended based on customer needs. Organizing overtime and Saturday staffs from a combination of shifts and additional production areas. Work is generally done inside, though items sometimes need to be retrieved outdoors and the warehouse environment is subject to dirt, dust and noise constantly. Work is on and around moving objects, such as MHE and varies between working alone and with or around others.
Start building your future today! Please go to www.atk.com/careers and search requisition ID JN20121707-25420. Please build a profile and apply online to the position.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical and dental, 401k, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
: less than 25%
: Full Time
Years of Experience
: 8-10 Years
Nearest Major Market:
2nd Shift, Compliance, ERP, Forklift, Lean Six Sigma, Legal, Management, Manager, Manufacturing, Mid-Range, Night, Operations, SAP, Shipping and Receiving, Six Sigma, Technology, Warehouse
ATK - 14 months ago
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...