TALENTED SHIPPING SUPERVISOR NEEDED FOR OUR CULVER CABINET OPERATIONS!
At Elkay, we pride ourselves in our exceptional employees, our valued customers, our high quality products, and our commitment to being in business forever through continued process improvement and innovation. As a financially stable, privately-owned company, ethics, values, integrity and trust remain the driving force in our culture.
It’s Elkay’s people who really give us our edge. Our employees’ commitment to delivering ever-higher levels of excellence drives our reputation for quality and integrity. It also fueled our growth from a three-person shop in 1920 to one of today’s leading international manufacturers of plumbing, water dispensing, and cabinetry products. For a career filled with challenges, growth and rewards, and an exceptional benefits package which speaks to how we value our employees, talk to us about joining the Elkay family.
We are seeking a talented Shipping Supervisor to facilitate, coach and mentor teams members in the completion of work in our Shipping Department within our Culver cabinet plant operations. The individual we hire will lead and direct all aspects of shipping operations. Directly, and through team leads, staff, train, develop and motivate department members.
Specific duties include:
- Participate in establishing goals and standards of performance for the shipping area. Plan, schedule and assign the work of the department, and maintain work efficiency at the highest possible level at the lowest possible cost.
- Lead, organize, train, and coach teams to reduce waiting time between operations, distance between operations and inventory all along chain. Responsible for continual and rapid improvement in operations to meet basic customer needs.
- Continuously monitor quality of work and output efficiency in the department, and take necessary corrective action to remedy deficiencies. Motivate department leaders and production workers to achieve continuously increasing productivity. Appraise performance of all department personnel on a continuous basis.
- Investigate and identify shipping issues, determine and remedy causes of failure to meet quality and delivery standards, advise and assist the appropriate manufacturing support departments with the implementation of corrective action. Arrange for proper maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Participate in preparation and recommendation of the operating and capital budgets for the shipping area, and continuously review and control expenditures against such budget.
- Implement safety programs and policies, and conduct safety training. Investigate all injuries and near misses, and implement corrective actions.
- Continuously seek cost reductions and recommend improvements to procedures, processes, equipment and layout.
- Five plus years’ of supervisory experience in Shipping, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- High School Degree required, two to four year degree preferred.
- Familiarity with woodworking tools, processes and equipment.
- Experience with efficiency and effectiveness metrics strongly preferred.
- Experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma strongly desired.
Elkay Manufacturing Company - 18 months ago
Elkay is an industry-leading manufacturer of custom and semi-custom cabinetry, sinks, faucets, water coolers and commercial kitchens. We are...