The Shipping Supervisor will report directly to the Plant Manager. Within the plant the Shipping Supervisor will work closely with the Customer Service Manager, Production Supervisors, Maintenance Supervisor, Planner/Scheduler and Controller at the plant. This position has responsibility for all day-to-day shipping/receiving operations including accurate inventory management, safety, load quality, planning of loads, dispatch and dock times, and meeting customer shipping commitments associated with the facility. The position contributes to achieve the plant’s sales objectives to coordination of workflow and effective freight management.
• Ensure Company assets and physical plant are secure and well maintained.
• Achieve desired results in Safety and Quality through personal commitment and focus, and compliance with plant and corporate best practices and policies.
• Ensure department is in compliance with all appropriate environmental regulations.
• Ensure all OSHA required training for lift drivers is met.
• Strive to provide world-class customer service via maximum flexibility and response.
• Build effective partnerships with plant leadership and staff functions to drive expected results.
• Assist in monitoring and managing slow moving finishing goods inventory as well as inventory levels. Ensure utilizations of best practice inventory management occurs including FIFO and maintain a high level of accuracy with minimal inventory adjustments.
• Perform weekly warehouse inspections and ensure warehouse meets GMA requirements as appropriate.
• Proficiently perform shipping/receiving duties to meet customer demands through the use of appropriate business systems.
• Problem-solve and address procedural questions as they arise.
• Arrange for transportation of finished product, as well as any other out-bound or in-bound materials.
•Associates degree in Business or related field desired but not required.
Previous Work Experience
•The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years of shipping/receiving experience within corrugated manufacturing company. In addition, will have ideally had demonstrated leadership among a group of employees in productivity, quality and safety. Must possess a strong safety and logistics background. The successful incumbent will have process acumen, be results-driven and possess strong communications skills. Will have a previous background in corrugated, paper or similar manufacturing environments.
Kapstone Paper and Packaging - 10 months ago
KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation was formed in April 2005 by industry veterans to establish operating businesses in the paper,...