The Shipping Supervisor will be part of the regional plant leadership team to ensure buildings are manufactured and delivered according to Morton Building’s safety and quality standards. The Shipping Supervisor will be responsible to organize and lead steel product production, material bundling, and loading trailers to specifications in an efficient profitable manner within a culture of safety.
- Organizes and schedules the workflow for the plant
- Maintains safe operation of the steel production area and lumber/loading yard.
- Teaches and Coaches production employees the knowledge and skill development necessary to produce consistently high quality components and load materials safely and profitably
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor in maintaining the manufacturing equipment to the mechanical and safety standards of the manufacturer and the safety standards set by OSHA.
- Works with the Regional Plant Manager and Supervisors to provide high quality building components on schedule for timely loading and delivery
- Serves to consistently meet the schedule needs of the construction centers and crews
- Assists the Regional Plant Manager in setting desired quantities of the inventory needed to ship buildings 100% complete consistently
- Works as a team with other plants and departments to help maintain standard operating procedures
- Conducts interviews, performance reviews and takes part in the final hiring decisions of steel product production and shipping personnel
- Consults with the plant manager in determining expansion and reduction needs with regards to production levels
- Maintains constant awareness of safety, efficiency & profitability of the production department, displays flexibility and out of the box thinking capability to solve problems
- Communicates clearly and frequently with the Regional Plant Manager, other department supervisors
- Exhibits customer service focus with an emphasis on quality and timeliness
- Adheres to processes that ensure costs are in line with projected budgets
- Creates and maintains a teamwork environment to support plant & corporate objectives
- Displays leadership capabilities in working with the production and shipping staff
- Willingness to work regular overtime and off-hours as needed
- College coursework completed in Production Management or Industrial Technology or equivalent work experience in the manufacturing, packaging & shipping of building components
- Working knowledge of OSHA General Industry and EEOC regulations
- Promotes teamwork and demonstrates natural leadership skills
- Proven process improvement efforts and results achieved
- Displays an aptitude for teaching and coaching the safety, quality and production knowledge/skills that lead to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work on your feet as required
- Microsoft Office skills including Outlook E-mail, Word, and Excel are required
Morton Buildings, Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Company and Drug-Free Workplace
- Displays dedication and enthusiasm to create a workplace environment that values safety, quality, continual process improvement and profitability
Morton Buildings, Inc. - 20 months ago
Morton Buildings, Inc. operates six manufacturing plants. They are located in Morton, Illinois; Spencer, Iowa; Kenton, Ohio; Winfield,...