Shipping Team Member
Flexco is a world leader in conveyor belt maintenance technology. For over 100 years, we've been manufacturing belt conveyor products for a wide variety of industries. We have consistently been named as one of Chicago's "101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" by the National Association of Business Resources and a top workplace in Chicago by the Chicago Tribune. We offer a culture that is focused on great people, customer commitment, integrity, innovation, collaboration, and achievement. Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Shipping Team Member for our Downers Grove facility.
Purpose: Perform duties to participate as a shipping department team member performing work in freight, export, UPS and administrative work areas.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Work from customer orders, quality procedures, computer file data, computer procedures, export cover sheets, UPS and shipper rate charts, returns, cycle count sheets and instructions:
Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Freight: prioritize work according to planned delivery dates, pick customer orders from stock, verify accuracy and completeness of orders picked, pack items, print and apply labels, perform required computer inventory transaction procedures, weigh completed customer orders, post weights as required, initiate bills of lading, move completed orders to freight staging area and load trucks.
- Contact carriers as necessary for pickups.
- UPS: prioritize work according to planned delivery dates. Pick customer orders from stock, verify accuracy and completeness of orders picked, pack items, and process customer UPS order through computerized manifest system. Generate daily UPS reports and distribute copies to UPS. Investigate and resolve problems.
- Export: prioritize and prepare customer export orders for shipment according to planned delivery dates. Pick order items, palletize or place in proper carton and write bills of lading following required export procedures. Move completed orders to freight staging area and load trucks. Coordinate activities with Export Customer Service and Planning departments as required.
- Work with production departments to rush movement of product to finished goods.
- Unload trucks with packing materials and store in designated area.
- Perform various team administrative duties involving safety, staffing, job assignment, goal setting, communication, cycle counting, quality, budgeting and partnering.
- Use forklift truck, backpacker, hand truck, hoist, computer, shrink wrap equipment, stitcher, power saw, typewriter, banding and tape machine, UPS manifest system, postage meter, packaging equipment and hand tools.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience.
- Moderate physical effort required to handle stock items, materials and tools, which is equivalent to frequently lifting or moving average weight material or, occasionally, heavy weights.
Flexco offers a generous compensation and benefits package including medical, dental and vision, 401(k) with matching funds, pension plan, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, vacation, and more.
Apply online today at www.flexco.com!
Flexco - 2 years ago