Job Category: Distribution Center, Management
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
This Transportation and Shipping Manager will manage the Transportation & Shipping Department of the Distribution Center. They will plan, organize, direct, control the daily activities of the unionized Transportation and Shipping Departments. This Transportation and Shipping Manager will be responsible for but not limited to:
5+ years' of prior supervisory experience in a distribution/private fleet environment 5+ years' of prior management experience in a distribution/manufacturing environment with strong knowledge of Shipping. Knowledge of DOT Rules and Regulations. Knowledge of equipment licensing and fuel tax processes. Working knowledge of WMS system Working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and windows applications. Working knowledge of routing software. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees. Ability to analyze information effectively and consistently. Ability to complete assignments with established timelines. Ability to complete work under general supervision. Demonstrated leadership abilities. Preferred Qualifications:
- Plan, organize, schedule, forecast, and coordinate work in order to meet production schedules and operational goals.
- Review/analyze production, quality, and other operational reports, initiating changes, as needed, to ensure a high level of service to store operations.
- Develop and implement plans, procedures, programs, and strategies to enhance performance, service level, and cost-per-piece.
- Prepare departmental budget and control expenditures against approved budget.
- Administer policies/procedures in a fair and consistent manner. Professionally address issues with employees utilizing the proper resources.
- Develop an accountable supervisory staff with an emphasis on team building, communication, performance accountability, and positive employee relations management.
- Ensure maximum utilization of manpower and equipment.
- Promote and reinforce safety and security awareness and compliance among the supervisory staff and hourly employee groups.
- Schedule and assign work to employees. Provide necessary equipment, materials, and documents to ensure successful completion of tasks.
- Determine proper staffing levels within functional area based on the volume and type of work to be completed daily.
- Monitor the work performance of each employee to ensure that quality and quantity expectations are met or exceeded. Provide ongoing training/retraining of employees to ensure that they are prepared to meet or exceed the productivity standards.
- Possess the ability to utilize a variety of reports, summaries and procedures to project workload and resolve problems that arise during the workday.
- Administer policies/procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Oversee truck shop for compliance of DOT Rules & Regulations, State inspections & Preventative Maintenance.
- Long hours required, particularly during high volume periods, to ensure that all stores are serviced according to daily schedule.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by manager. Required Qualifications:
Working knowledge of maintenance shop and safety programs. Working knowledge of Xata program and CICS a plus. CDL license Education:
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required. Bachelors Degree strongly preferred. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health.