Total Safety, the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products, is looking for a Shop Air Technician to perform receipt of inspection, cleaning, servicing, reassembling, and testing of various SCBA and other respiratory equipment, and breathing air equipment in accordance with approved testing and service procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform routine inspection and maintenance of breathing air regulators and reducers and high and low pressure breathing air manifolds
• Perform additional duties in the Operations Department by being trained in “Breathing Air Technology” with primary emphasis on operating breathing air compressors to fill all types of air cylinders and safely deliver to the customer in accordance with approved Total Safety, Inc. Operating procedures.
• Continuously strive to upgrade skills and capabilities to be able to handle new assignments and responsibilities consistent with company needs.
• Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Previous experience or completion of OJT training in Respiratory and Air Breathing Equipment Cleaning and Routine Maintenance and Repair.
• Class “B” CDL Driver’s License
• Fork Lift Operator. Must pass internal forklift training and certification as required.
• Respiratory Fit Tested
•Must be able to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions).
•Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
•Valid driver’s license from state of residence. Must possess good driving record and be insurable for Total Safety vehicle insurance while driving company truck.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee may be required to be able to lift loads up to as much as 50 lbs.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• The job activities will require the employee to work in a shop/warehouse environment and/or at customer job site locations.
Total Safety U.S., Inc. - 16 months ago