This position is part of the Design and Fabrication team and is responsible for the fabrication and production of sets used in MSLO and Retail publications. The position also requires the delegating of projects to the Design & Fabrication staff, including freelancers. The Shop Carpenter will work closely with the stylists and art directors to produce creative projects that reflect the Martha Stewart Aesthetic.
• Required to design, fabricate, install, and strike sets.
• Prepare set estimates and manage cost effective projects. The Shop Carpenter will review all estimates with the Photo Studio Operations Manager prior to sending out.
• Schedule outside labor (with Managers approval) when necessary and track hours and cost.
• Order supplies.
• Ensure quality of workmanship.
• Production scheduling.
• Special projects to be determined by the Photo Studio Operations Manager.
• Proficiency with Vector Works.
• At least 3-5 years experience working in a high-end fast paced environment.
• Experience preparing budgets
• Ability to multi-task.
• Must meet pre-determined deadlines.
• Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Please submit a resume and portfolio.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia - 19 months ago