Coordinate production control activities throughout designated shop area, interfacing with Engineering, Procurement, and Quality Assurance departments, researching all planned shop orders to identify parts and materials required. Expedite all parts and materials short to allow order to be released to production. Provide support, as required, to Inventory Control. Work with minimal direction from Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Coordinate and release the production “Work to Do” list; correct inventory, assignment of job to specific work center.
• Obtain shortage information from manufacturing Supervisors, workers, and co-workers.
• Assignment of job to specific work center.
• Determine if shop order should be advanced in the production cycle.
• Work with Methods department where required to correct and/or modify shop routings.
• Cancel or continue work orders, as appropriate, or as directed by Production Planning department.
• Process work orders as required to account for scrapped parts and materials..
• Adjust inventory levels as required following proper procedure to assure accuracy.
• Locate lost shop orders.
• Coordinate the issue of re-work shop orders.
• Assist Inventory Control in cycle count issues.
• Record data as necessary on: travelers, production reports, work lists, etc.
• Report to various Supervisors and departments as daily production requirement changes.
• Scrutinize every facet of job and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to Supervisor.
• Perform housekeeping chores as department requirements dictate.
• Other duties as assigned by Team Members, Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years related material requirements planning experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Basic computer skills required.
**Only applicants presently legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis need apply. No immigration sponsorship available at this time.
TO APPLY: Please click the link below and e-mail your resume and desired / most recent salary to email@example.com . Please put the name of the job you are applying for in the title of the e-mail.
Contact Human Resources
Piper Aircraft - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard