The Shop Foreman will be responsible for all aspects of a maintenance facility including its building, grounds, equipment and personnel as well as the maintenance of all revenue equipment assigned to the Branch
In accordance with current Operating Standards, “Company Policies and Procedures” and in the best interests of the Company; its Customers; Employees and the Public, the responsibilities of a Shop Foreman include:
• Assist branch manager in hiring, training and supervision of all maintenance/wash rack personnel.
• Ensure personnel are paid properly and overtime hours are closely monitored.
• Ensure shop and wash rack personnel are properly trained and equipped to perform the required tasks.
2. Equipment and Facility
• Coordinate the maintenance of all company and customer equipment.
• Manage maintenance programs to meet specialized needs of equipment and hauling requirements.
• Maintain the equipment and facility in safe and proper working order.
• Maintain knowledge of current equipment specifications and maintenance practices.
• Manage and control shop inventory to include, consigned parts.
• Perform Inventory audit as required.
• Monitor daily usage and the purchase of parts and supplies.
• Track maintenance costs and charges on a regular basis compared to the budget.
• Participate in annual budgeting process.
4. Customer Service
• Ensure the Company meets all customer requirements and any changes are communicated immediately.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with internal branch users.
5. Safety and Regulatory
• Ensure all work is performed in a safe manner
• Maintain all records of maintenance and testing to meet regulatory requirements.
• Encourage and participate in all Safety related programs.
• Three to Five years of related experience and/or training
• Good knowledge of maintenance and tank wash industry
• Experience in bulk and/or hazardous commodities is desirable
• Advanced communication and managerial skills
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Experience in computerized environment
• Good sales and customer development skills
• Understanding of marketing services
The minimum education or formal training for this position includes the following:
• Mandatory High School Diploma
• Preferred Associates or Bachelors Degree
Relevant experience from previous jobs that would be required before entering this job, including time spent in formal apprenticeships.
• 3 years
Interested applicants please send your resume to:
Trimac Transportation - 19 months ago
From its inception in 1945, Trimac Transportation has consistently sought and achieved industry leadership, and has a proven reputation for...