Manages all location maintenance operations and provides shop staff oversight. Directly supervises shop staff. Provides maintenance operational visibility to the Location Manager. Assumes primary responsibility for managing efficient maintenance performance of the location. Ensures safe working condition of fleet.
1) Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatch and other operations personnel.
2) *In relation to subordinates, is responsible for hiring; firing; approving salary increases or decreases; training and employee development; planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews. While the Mgr Maintenance is required to make personnel-related recommendations, some actions require further approval.
3) Works closely with the location manager and region maintenance management providing status of maintenance and budget requirements. May review financial and budget variances, review repair orders or code and approve account payable documents.
4) Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements. Ensures a safe environment exists and that all maintenance and related activities are in conformance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
5) Reviews repair orders. May order fuel for vehicles, order parts, and subcontract repair work.
6) Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency and/or reduces operating costs.
7) Ensures that maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
8) Supervises bus fueling. May arrange services for building and ground keeping.
9) Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
High school diploma or equivalent
Technical training preferred
Possess CDL Operator’s license with required endorsements
Experience & Skills Required:
5+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
May require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs
Good written and oral communication skills
Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel engines and school bus equipment is preferred
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions (include amount of travel) :
Must be able to work in a crouched position or on back lying on mechanic’s dolly beneath motor vehicle equipment; subjected to dust, dirt, and grease conditions.
FirstGroup - 16 months ago
First Student knows that a student's first assignment is to get to school, safely and on time. Together, First Student and sister...