Trimac Transportation Inc. requires a Shop Manager for the Geismar, Louisiana Branch.
The Shop Manager will be responsible for all aspects of a maintenance facility including its buildings, grounds, equipment and personnel as well as the maintenance of all revenue equipment assigned to Branch. The Shop Manager is responsible for the Commercial business to maintain and develop.
In accordance with current Operating Standard, “Company Policies and Procedures” and in the best interests of the Company; its Customers; Employees and the Public, the responsibilities of a Shop Manager include:
• Hiring, training and supervision of all maintenance personnel.
• Ensure personnel are paid properly.
2.Equipment and Facility
• Coordinate the maintenance of all company and customer equipment.
• Coordinate maintenance activities for satellite facilities
• Manage maintenance programs to meet specialized needs of equipment and hauling requirements.
• Maintain the equipment and facility in safe and proper working order.
• Maintain knowledge of current equipment specifications and maintenance practices.
• Monitor daily usage and the purchase of parts and supplies.
• Track maintenance costs and charges on a regular basis compared to the budget.
• Participate in annual budgeting process.
• Ensure the Company meets all customer requirements and any changes are communicated immediately
• Maintain a positive working relationship with internal branch users.
5.Safety and Regulatory
• Ensure all work is performed in a safe manner
• Maintain all records of maintenance and testing to meet regulatory requirements.
• Encourage and participate in all Safety related programs
• Five to seven years of related experience and/or training
• Good knowledge of maintenance and tank wash industry
• Experience in bulk and/or hazardous commodities is desirable
• Advanced communication and managerial skills
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Experience in computerized environment
• Good sales and customer development skills
• Understanding of marketing services
The minimum education or formal training for this position includes the following Provincial/State or other vocational or professional certification, trade license, apprenticeship or degree:
• Mandatory Specifically: High School Diploma
• Preferred Specifically: Associates Degree
Relevant experience from previous jobs that would be required before entering this job, including time spent in formal apprenticeships.
• 3 years
Interested applicants please send your resume to:
Trimac Transportation - 15 months ago
From its inception in 1945, Trimac Transportation has consistently sought and achieved industry leadership, and has a proven reputation for...