The Branch Shop Supervisor is responsible for writing work orders, consulting with customers and managing progress of current work orders. Additional responsibility includes creating an environment to “WOW” the customer, ensuring the shop and technicians are utilized to their fullest potential and maintaining a “SAFETY FIRST” attitude.
Qualifications : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Review reports and direct service staff to achieve profitability and maintain corporate measures.
- Develop and enforce shop policy and procedures.
- Consult with customers, as appropriate.
- Provide diagnostics, troubleshooting support.
- Help coordinate technician training.
- Ensure a safe working environment along with enforcing safety procedures.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of shop equipment and tooling
- Coordinate technician schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
- Sell our products and services; up sell, when possible.
- Maintain professional atmosphere.
Skills and Abilities :
- High School Diploma.
- Supervisory experience in automotive or service industry.
- Customer service experience.
•Technical experience in engine operation and repair.
- Fleet maintenance experience, preferred.
- Experience in diesel engine repair/service industry is preferred.
- Customer service focused.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast paced environment.
- Embrace change.
- Proficient in windows based Microsoft Office and internet and email programs.
- Able to train and develop others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sell products and services.
- Ability to learn and understand Cummins warranty process.
- Ability to multi-task, detail oriented.
- Able to resolve conflicts with customers and employees.
- Work directly with internal and external customers.
- Ability to learn to assist in troubleshooting repairs.
- Basic electrical understanding is preferred.
- Basic diesel engine understanding is preferred.
Cummins Bridgeway - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard