This is a seasonal position; May-September.
The Shuttle Bus Driver provides safe and comfortable transportation to and from the Denali Railroad Station for guests of the Denali River Cabins & Cedars Lodge and is responsible for fueling and cleaning the Kantishna Wilderness Trails buses in the late evening.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Transport guests to and from the Denali Park Railroad Station
- Drive the Kantishna Wilderness Trails buses to the fueling station, fuel them, and return them to DRC each evening; clean or oversee cleaning of the bus inside and out
- Maintain time schedules and route assignments
- Complete daily maintenance checklist and log book
- Perform daily pre-trip inspections to include checking fluid levels and adding fuel regularly
- Keep the interior of the bus, including windows, clean
- May lift luggage and personal belongings to and from the bus to assist passengers
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a safe, friendly, and efficient manner
- Must be able to change a bus tire
- Must be able to do minor maintenance as required
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of the work is performed inside the bus in varying types of weather and with a wide variety of people with different personalities and abilities.
- Minimum age 25 years
- Must have a current Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with Passenger and Air Brake endorsements and a clean, safe driving record; and must have held the CDL for three (3) years prior to applying.
- Current ICC Certificate of Qualification & Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screening tests
- Must be able to work a split-shift
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: An individual will be required to work the majority of hours sitting, and driving a bus. Driver may be required to assist passengers with limited physical abilities on and off bus. Occasional lifting (1-75 lbs) is required. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and Alaska Natives in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Doyon Government Group - 21 months ago