VERIZON TELEMATICS, INC.
Information is the fuel that drives our business. When plentiful, information enables sound business decisions. When well-analyzed, it has the power to effect change. When shared with others, it sparks improvement. At Verizon Telematics, we are pioneering patented technologies and innovative services designed to harness the power of the vehicle information network – real-time, anytime. From reducing the cost of vehicle manufacturing, service and ownership to supercharging fleet productivity, safety and convenience, we are setting new standards in the vehicle Telematics industry. What could be achieved with the right information? Imagine the possibilities we have.
We are delivering the next generation of vehicle information-based technologies and services – today. Our patented systems allow complete connectivity to any make or model vehicle, but that is just the beginning. What really differentiates us from other companies is our broad portfolio of services. Each designed to significantly improve vehicle and customer relationship management potential while greatly reducing costs. Whether in the business of automotive manufacturing, dealer operations, fleet management or affiliated services such as insurance or car rental, we can help map out the fastest road to greater efficiency and revenue. We will also demonstrate solutions never thought practical. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Siebel Support Analyst
Position Summary Description:
The Siebel application support candidate will be responsible for monitoring production application performance including operational stability of Siebel applications as well as the working closely with the Siebel development and Administrators teams. This role will provide assessment and resolution of all incoming Siebel production Issues, escalating to the development team only when an issue cannot be resolved independently.
The role operates in an Agile environment and requires an excellent understanding of the full software lifecycle, including functional requirement gathering, design and development, testing of software applications and documenting requirements and technical specifications.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborate with customers and various businesses and Information Technology teams to effectively address and resolve day to day issues.
- Monitor Siebel applications and environments to ensure system availability.
- Research reported Siebel production and data issues.
- Determine and document root cause of issues through partnership with the development teams.
o Good working knowledge of Siebel Enterprise Integration Management (EIM)
- Extensive Siebel Production Support knowledge and experience including:
o Experience and/or knowledge of the integration of Siebel with other systems
o Understanding of Business Automation such as Assignment Manager and Workflow
- Administration of Oracle Siebel environment.
- Proven experience with SQL scripting
- Proven experience in triaging production issues, monitoring production systems, and after hours support
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to clearly understand and articulate complex problems
- Good understanding of the overall Siebel application
- Very strong interpersonal skills able to work at all levels of the organization
- Working functional knowledge with some combination of Siebel CRM, Finance, Call Center, and ERP OBIA applications is highly preferred.
Bachelors in computer science, engineering, or related technical field
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Employee is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 10 lbs.
Verizon Telematics, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to Search Results
Verizon - 14 months ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...