Req ID 49635BR
Global Information Technology
Medical Products Support
Location of Position
Vernon Hills, IL
Key Position Overview:
Our Siebel Service Application team, in Baxter Medical Products IT, manages the application build/delivery for Global Technical Services.
Our ideal candidate has both deep technical knowledge of Siebel up thru at least version 8.1 (preferably on systems utilizing Oracle RAC), Microsoft clustering, Sun/Unix and Wintel systems management, and leadership abilities to drive project design and build activities, and interact with Global IT teams, vendors, and business customers.
- Architect the Siebel Service environment/provide consultative input to other Siebel Instance Managers.
- Establish, plan and lead best-practice implementation, consistency of architecture, optimization and support processes for implementation/management of Siebel in a global environment.
- Provide systems optimization/troubleshooting support for Siebel and its configuration, interaction with the infrastructure to ensure consistent delivery of services.
- Provide consultative/direct support for new development/implementation/ system development impacts to the defined architecture.
- Direction/support for systems upgrades.
- Direction/support for global rollout of platform.
- Best-practices for high availability using various clustering technologies (including Microsoft Clustering), resource management, patch application, performance tuning, logging, backups and other critical systems architecture/management activities.
- 3 rd level support for existing systems/applications.
- Participate in and contribute to large, complex and diverse projects, with minimal guidance, own assigned tasks and assist with tasks assigned to others working on the same project. Partner with business and other IT teams to complete work. Mentor and train others. Resolve complex system problems. Participate in technical reviews.
- Design, implement and support advanced and diverse application solutions that address complex business requirements, following SDLC processes, application processes and quality validation (when appropriate) for large projects.
- Provide technical leadership for other application developers on all system development activities. Develop project plans and time estimates for tasks in a project. Train and mentor less experienced programmers.
- Evaluate and recommend products and systems solutions in key application areas to IT management. Integrate applications into Baxter’s existing technical environment.
- Develop, prepare, review and document test requirements and test data for complex system testing.
- Provide support for production systems, and implement speedy resolutions in partnership with the business.
- Consult, recommend alternatives and participate with IT and business teams to help set strategic application direction related to business changes.
- Lead the technical application architecture and system integration tasks. Participate in post-installation application reviews and lessons learned sessions. Develop programming standards or processes.
- Work cooperatively with technical or application personnel across IT to accomplish enterprise-wide goals. Identify and implement process improvements in the application architecture and/or infrastructure of the existing systems.
- Participate with the business or function in strategic, long-range planning for new or existing systems and technologies.
- Participate in the building of new and on-going application vendor relationships. Provide input for contract negotiations and difficult integrations.
- Provide expertise in developing and maintaining an ongoing maintenance and support plan for Siebel.
Siebel configuration, Siebel architecture including Gateway Server, Enterprise Server, Siebel Server, Web Server and Database Server.
Cluster configuration and management (Windows) and the use of Siebel in a clustered environment.
Strong implementation experience using Siebel 7.x and 8.x. with expertise in Siebel CRM. (Siebel 8.x preferred)
Experience with Siebel running on Oracle databases especially with Oracle RAC databases.
Ability to effectively present and communicate ideas to project stakeholders.
Bachelor's degree, or country equivalent, in Computer Science or a related field with systems experience preferred.
8 years minimum of systems experience in developing and/or supporting applications to solve business problems.
8 years minimum of Siebel architectural experience.
8 years minimum of experience with Windows and UNIX administration/configuration.
5 years minimum in a technical leadership role.
5 years minimum experienced with Microsoft IIS.
Must have expert proficiency in one or more application languages or tools, as well as broad knowledge in relevant ERP technology
Doing Work that Matters
Baxter provides its employees with comprehensive compensation and benefits. To view additional opportunities at Baxter and to learn more about the company, please visit our Web site at http://www.careers.baxter.com/. EOE M/F/D/V.
Baxter - 15 months ago
axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company primarily foc...