Under general supervision of the Traffic Systems Foreman, the Signs Technician performs fabrication, installation, maintenance and repair of City signs to include traffic control signs, street signs, information signs, pavement markings and other traffic-related devices.|
Principle Job Duties
1. Fabricate, install, maintain, and repair traffic-related devices including regulatory, warning and guide signs.
2. Track inventory for traffic-related devices, to include entering and tracking signs data using computer software and geographic information systems (GIS) and maintaining inventory of supplies and equipment.
3. Inspect traffic signs and perform maintenance to bring deficient signs up to current standards and regulations, such as, but not limited to, ensuring adequate sight distance around regulatory signs and intersection clearances.
4. Assist in the installation of overhead signs on signal mast arms.
5. Install and maintain pavement markings, to include preparing sites for markings and performing pavement marking procedures for crosswalks, school zones, stop bars, etc.
6. Set up traffic work zones, to include traffic barricades, cone transition lanes and traffic warning signs when conducting sign/marking work in traffic areas, which may include high volume and high speed roadways.
7. Perform other related tasks and duties as assigned.
Texas Municipal League
- 3 years ago - save job