What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
JOB DESCRIPTION: A Systems Engineering position in direct support of simulation development, software installation, and integration, software fielding and training of simulations and interfaces, as directed by the U.S. government. At a top level, the contract is for the installation and training of the US Army's Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC) Entity Resolution Federation, (ERF) and the Multi Resolution Federation (MRF), at designated US Army Battle Command Training Centers (BCTC) or other training locations as designated by the government.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A minimum of eight to ten years of relevant experience, of which, a minimum
of 5 years of DOD modeling, simulation, and training experience with specific
knowledge of Higher Level Architecture (HLA) and/or Distributed Interactive
Simulations (DIS) federations.
- Should have a familiarity with JLCCTC-ERF and/or MRF, OneSAF or other
closely-related DOD live, virtual, or constructive simulation
- Must have knowledge of and a familiarity in the integration and stimulation of the
Command and Control (C2) systems through network configuration and tactical
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Linux to
include system administrator tasks and user account management.
- Must possess at least rudimentary skills for TCP/IP network setup and
troubleshooting and have experience in working within a distributed networked
- Must have excellent communications skills with a demonstrated ability to
prepare lesson plans, conduct training, and critique users and students of
varying skill levels.
TECHNICAL SKILLS DESIRED:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Should have a familiarity with JLCCTC-ERF and/or MRF, OneSAF or other closely related DOD live, virtual, or constructive simulation federation.
- Should be capable of quickly cross-training to acquire new computer skills depending on contractual requirement
- Should have working knowledge of current US Army organization, tactics and doctrine.
- Should have a working knowledge of DOD training standards and methods.
- Should be capable of working as a member of a fielding team traveling up to 50% of time with some travel OCONUS.
- Knowledge of the After Action Review System (AARS), Independent Stimulation Module (ISM) and/or other JLCCTC federates (JCATS, WARSIM, WIM, SIMPLE or JNEM)
- Must have and be able to maintain an active Secret security clearance, with ability to upgrade to TS/SCI.
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid passport.