Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
We are currently hiring for a full time Simulation Center Manager to help start up and run our new simulation center.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Coordinate the operational activities of the center to include teaching, learning, research, innovation, grant writing, accreditation, and organizational activities.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and practice standards consistent with the center’s educational objectives.
- Collaborate with ISEC users (and education consultants when available) to develop curricula for simulation education
- Design, develop, implement, assist with, and evaluate learning scenarios, procedures, and practices.
- Collaborate with users to develop methods for competency testing.
- Develop and maintain technical expertise for operation and trouble-shooting of all simulation center equipment.
- Implement opportunities for improvement and innovation in curricula, instructional technologies, and operational systems.
- Develop strategic plans for and prioritize current resources to ensure that the mission and vision of the center are achieved.
- Maintain security, integrity, and updating of facilities, equipment and supplies while maximizing their availability for education exercises.
- Provide operational management to include finances, human resources, supply and equipment inventory, scheduling, staffing, documentation, record keeping & data management.
- Maintain data security and confidentiality in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, current literature, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in simulation and gaming.
- Present simulation activities at local, national and international conferences.
- Publish results of simulation research, evaluation, and quality improvement studies.
- Mentor learners, adjunct faculty, and other simulation center personnel when appropriate.
- Participate in community outreach programs, including promotional events and materials, conducting tours of the facilities, recruiting potential users, recruiting actors & standardized patients, participating in public relations activities, and performing community service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Work Experience:
- 3 years or more of clinical experience:
- Physician Assistant
- Respiratory Care
- Paramedic / EMT
- Bachelor’s or higher degree.
- Previous experience managing operations.
- Previous experience teaching health professionals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors, masters or doctoral degree in health professions, social sciences or education.
- Previous experience managing operations in a simulation center.
- Experience with policy and/or grant writing as well as research activities.
- Expertise in business development.
- Knowledge of project management and coordination.
- Knowledge of relevant information technology, to include software and hardware used to run a simulation education center.
- Knowledge of relevant analog and digital audiovisual technology, to include software and hardware used to run a simulation education center, as well as video processing & editing.
- Knowledge of educational theory & assessment / evaluation techniques.
- Skill in creating and coordinating complex schedules, calendars, activities, and events.
- Ability to lead inter-disciplinary teams with diverse educational backgrounds and levels of expertise in simulation education.
- Ability to interact effectively with hospital administrators and leaders from a variety of departments.
- Ability to improvise, adapt to highly dynamic environments, and learn new skills
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our leadership to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change, seeks continuous growth, inspires others, achieves results, thinks strategically and develops people. Leadership roles must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.
Hennepin County Medical Center - 11 months ago
Hennepin County Medical Center is a nationally recognized Level 1 Adult Trauma Center and Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center with the largest e...