GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Simulation Researcher in the Management Sciences Lab, you will be interpreting the operations of GE customers in their use and consumption of engineered assets (in fields spanning: energy, aviation systems, healthcare, transportation, capital) and how these create value in the context of customer use. You will develop quantitative system-level simulation models of these operations for the purposes of informing customers with active, near real time decision support in their product/solution operations as well as simulating design and lifecycle economic scenarios for complex systems such as power plants, manufacturing plants, airline operations and healthcare operations with GE assets in the loop.
- Develop quantitative simulation and hybrid models of complex physical-business systems, calculating the key performance metrics [throughput, inventory, operating expense, fulfillment, risk & return].
- Develop integrated simulations that call other decision support or sub-system models such as optimizers, engineering design tools, reasoners, handling time constants from sub second to lifecycle. And develop these integrated simulations to be called by financial value optimizers
- You will integrate simulation solutions into GE’s software and analytics architecture.
- Work with technology vendors to benchmark emerging and disruptive innovation for GE application areas, particularly on value creation questions related to the use of the technology
- Collaborate with world-class talent in many disciplines, each touched by the need of enabling GE products and services to unlock new customer value
- Research and develop tools, frameworks and processes to improve analytical methods, performance, scale and sophistication of algorithms, simulations and systems applications
- Doctorate degree in Industrial Engineering, Management Science, Systems Engineering, System Dynamics, Computer Science, or related field of study; OR Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Management Science, Systems Engineering, System Dynamics, Computer Science, or related field of study with at least 3 years direct experience with significant demonstrable platform and application development for successfully solved real world challenges.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in applied simulation and optimization of systems
- Hands-on simulation development skills, using simulation software ( i.e. Anylogic, ProModel, Arena, Repast, Vensim, Matlab),
- Competency in object – oriented language (JAVA, C++, .NET, SQLServer)
- Ability to formulate practical analytical proof of concepts and rapidly prototype decision support systems.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- Formal experience in designing and constructing decision support systems via prior employment or graduate level academic coursework
- Expertise in at least one major simulation technique e.g. agent-based, discrete event, systems dynamics
- Knowledge of analytical tools such as MatLab, AnyLogic, Repast, commercial math program solvers, modeling languages and simulation packages
- Knowledge of software development platforms, databases, UI and languages that support simulation algorithms and assumption
- Exemplary technical content communication skills, strong record of professional/academic publishing and innovation with an emphasis on applied problem solving with OR/MS/IE/SE
- Master’s degree in System Dynamics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Management Science, Systems Engineering, MBA – Finance, Computer Science or related work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose operations management problems such as stockouts, excess inventory, poor fulfillment, lower product NPV than competitors or alternatives; shape well-formed technical pathways and commercial solutions
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate systemic risks and conduct financial risk & return as well as KPI sensitivity analysis
- Capability of understanding corporate finance and communications with executives, engineers and operations personnel who assess ideas and use other tools/analytics in proper financial constructs
- Ability to articulate innovation ideas to senior researchers and strategic business partners
- Ability to become a Principle Investigator on governmental research contracts
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 21 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...