CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrate adherence to the group’s Customer Service Standards designed to support the mission of USF Health: enhancing life by improving health through research, education and healthcare. Our commitment is to improve the full spectrum of health, from the environment, to the community, to the individual. Together, through talent and innovation, USF Health is developing real-world solutions to reach our shared value – making life better.
Under the supervision of the medical director, this individual will provide hardware, software and general support for the CAMLS VPCC. Responsibilities will include system planning and upgrades, network training and support.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (See below)
% Time Description
Prepare human patient simulators daily for use in training exercised to include powering, loading, computer programs, creating necessary equipment. Answers all calls for hardware, software and general information for all supported upgrade assistance to existing and future VPCC systems.
Organize and recruit audience for participation in learning a development program. Define learning goals for training in knowledge of all equipment and follow-up on the training of faculty and students to use new resources. Interfaces with USF regarding VPCC center technology and its interface with the USF IS network.
Responsible for maintaining laboratory safety procedures, ensuring all procedures are congruent with University, State and maintains all equipment daily. Initiates repair requests. Conducts preventative maintenance.
Conducts research of vendors to identify the most appropriate and cost-effective training approach. Maintain inventory of all equipment. Maintains operational records and files. Conducts special projects and events as needed in relation to research.
Other duties as assigned to support the CAMLS VPCC.
- College degree in computer field with formal training in end user workstations and networks. Experience or non-degree training (i.e. training certifications) will be considered in lieu of a College degree.
- Knowledgeable in Medical Terminology
- One year of full-time experience in the programming, operation, and maintenance of simulation based medical learning systems.
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and or software application/IT systems experience; ability to learn and use software applications.
Customer Service Performance Expectations: Courteous and helpful behavior towards learners, physicians, coworkers and external customers; maintaining confidentiality at all times. Exhibit professional and efficient verbal and written communications; accomplishing tasks through teamwork and initiative; and ensuring a timely and thorough response to complaints and/or critiques, and anticipating the needs of all you come in contact with.
- Good communication and organizational skills. Team player, motivated, self-starter.
- Support daily operations and Simulation lab procedures, maintain lab manuals and simulator documentation
- Maintain High-fidelity simulators, partial trainers, virtual task trainers, recording and other lab equipment
- Become proficient in the use of the Education Management Solutions (EMS) and support faculty and learners in its use.
- Develop and implement a maintenance plan for the simulators to include troubleshooting, standard maintenance and supply acquisition (fake blood, urine, blood products, patient charts, etc.)
- Assist in the maintenance of lab supplies
- Assist in all simulation activities, before, during and after each simulation activity
- Collaborate with faculty and staff
- Maintain professional development
* Requirements reflect the minimum level necessary to be eligible for this position. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Open and eager to learn new things
- Experienced with computer applications and software
- Task prioritization
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving
License and Certification
ENP Network - 22 months ago