The Site Auditor will provide professional site auditing services to obtain and communicate the necessary technical data to the SolarCity design team for the preparation of permit ready documents needed to facilitate the installation of solar photovoltaic systems. This person will also function as a project manager, field technician, and permit technician when assigned to do so.
- Meet with customers to obtain information necessary to complete technical design documents for a photovoltaic system.
- Develop a positive relationship with customers to establish rapport and to gather facilities assessment data.
- Conduct a physical site audit using auditing tools including a tablet PC, measuring devices, Solmetric equipment, a digital camera, and other related equipment.
- Maintain a job photo log to include but not limited to pre-demolition/construction, progress photos and completed project photos.
- Prepare site audit documents as needed to coordinate with the SolarCity engineering department to produce permit-ready documents.
- Provide and maintain a current driver's license and a clean driving record to safely operate a company vehicle.
- Develop relationships with design professionals and subcontractors to support the business activities.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; estimating or site auditing experience is preferred; photovoltaic installation experience is preferred.
- High School or Trade School degree in a discipline related to construction or building sciences, engineering or architecture is preferred.
- Experience with Energy Efficiency is strongly preferred.
- Ability to understand, read, and comprehends contract documents, plans and specifications; ability to stay organized and maintains project records.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required in order to prepare site audit documents and conduct site audit meetings with customers.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to develop basic formulas typically used and commuted in the construction industry; ability to use formulas to develop spreadsheets as needed and used by SolarCity.
- Strong proficiency with computers and various applications including MS Office, SolarCity proprietary software, and AutoCAD.
- The ability to read plans, specifications, diagrams, equipment submittals, and material data sheets.
- Knowledge of site surveying, construction sequencing, construction methods and materials practices; knowledge of residential electrical systems.
- All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment background and drug screen
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, comfortably lift 40+ pounds repetitively, and must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, below freezing, crawl spaces, etc.
SolarCity Delivers Better Energy
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners,...