To perform general cleaning and maintenance of a multi-unit apartment building. To assist in communication of ASI information with residents, as instructed.
10. Perform other projects related to the Site Caretaker position as assigned.
- 1. Maintain a clean and safe environment for building residents, their guests, employees, and other visitors to the site. Appropriately clean and maintain the common areas of the building interior, as well as the building’s exterior grounds including the parking, sidewalk and entry areas, in accordance with the Caretaker Operations Manual instructions.
- 2. Perform minor building and unit maintenance repairs including, but not limited to, completing resident work order requests, replacing light bulbs, resetting circuit breakers, changing switch/outlet plates, monitoring water levels in the boiler systems, completing routine wall repair and painting, repairing window screens, completing, etc.
- 3. Perform all duties related to unit turnovers, including minor wall repairs, painting, cleaning and minor maintenance, within the required time frame of 3-5 days after unit becomes vacant.
- 4. Perform ongoing routine maintenance and prevention checks as prescribed, and take appropriate follow-up action to ensure that the property remains in good repair and that safety systems are fully operational at all times.
- 5. Perform routine errands (retrieving supplies, purchasing parts, etc.) and travel short distances, at times transporting tools or equipment.
- 6. Perform a variety of administrative duties such as maintaining an inventory of supplies, completing move out inspections, showing vacant units to prospective residents, communicating management issues with the residents, assisting and documenting rent collection, reporting policy violations, and other related duties as assigned.
- 7. Perform snow removal services related to property sidewalk requirements and all building entrances/exits to ensure safe conditions.
- 8. Perform lawn care services including mowing, trimming and clean up of all exterior spaces, which includes sidewalks, patio area and parking lots as requested.
- 9. Respond to after-hours emergency calls promptly (within 15 minutes). Maintain cell phone and battery appropriately and ensure that the voicemail redirects callers when not available. Notify supervisor when not available for emergency calls.
Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
Ability to effectively and appropriately interact with individuals with disabilities.
Possession of basic mechanical skills along with an ability to perform routine buildings and grounds maintenance.
Physical ability to: kneel; crouch; stoop; climb stairs/ladders; push and pull up to 100 pounds; lift up to 50 pounds; reach and work above shoulder level; use hands and fingers to grasp, pull, and manipulate tools, machinery, and other objects; and the ability to work above ground level.
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
18 months related work experience.
Availability to complete general work responsibilities Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Excellent communication and relationship skills.
Demonstrated time management and problem-solving skills.
Wage: Established Wage Range
Benefits: Health/Dental Insurance (Full-time only)
Life Insurance (employees working an average of 20 hours per week)
Paid Time Off (employees working an average of 20 hours per week)
Tuition Reimbursement (employees working an average of 10 hours per week)
Accessible Space - 21 months ago