This position reports to the Environmental & Process Safety Manager at the Mt. Vernon Site. The overall objective is to drive compliance and performance improvement in the Site’s Environmental programs.
Provide site leadership for assigned regulatory programs.
Act as single point of contact for Environmental compliance issues within manufacturing operations.
Coordinate the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements for assigned units and programs.
Work with area operations to meet environmental expectations and improve operating metrics.
Implement programs that achieve both regulatory requirements and operational flexibility.
Key interfaces include Operations and Maintenance leaders, technicians, and operators, project and process control engineers, and Technology representatives. Frequent exposure to site level management, other sites within the business, and interface with Federal & State agencies for on-site regulatory inspections, permitting functions, and other required standards.
BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Management, Environmental Engineering, or Environmental Sciences.
A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a chemical or industrial setting.
Provide technical direction and execution of assigned environmental programs.
Experience with P&ID’s and PFD’s for chemical processes.
Direct experience at a large industrial facility in several of the following areas:
• Air Regulations, Programs and Reporting:
- Stack testing, CEMS/COMS, LDAR, Refrigerant Management (ODS), HON, MON, GMACT, Polymers & Resins MACT, Coating MACTS (Subparts JJJJ, PPPP), OLD MACT, RICE MACT, Boiler MACT, HWC MACT, NSR and Title V including emission estimate experience
• Waste Regulations, Programs and Reporting:
- RCRA Part B BIF and Corrective Action permits, LQG 90-Day rules, Used Oil, Universal Waste, TSCA PCBs, nonhazardous waste and LUST remediation
• Water Regulations, Programs and Reporting:
- NPDES (direct discharger), Stormwater ( incl. SWPPP) and SPCC
• Other Environmental Regulations, Programs and Reporting:
- CERCLA, SARA/TRI
- ISO14001, RC14001
- Pollution Prevention/Sustainability
- Environmental Auditing
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
BS degree in Chemical Engineering strongly preferred.
Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Proven track record of leading organizational changes and program implementation.
Demonstrated analytical, computer, and negotiation skills.
Demonstrated ability to organize and motivate individuals and teams and interact effectively cross-functionally.
SABIC Innovative Plastics - 10 months ago