VT Milcom/Integrated Solutions is looking for a Site Manager (ER2)
Also known as VT Milcom, Integrated Solutions (IS) provides engineering design, fabrication, and installation of electronic and communication systems and equipment. VT Milcom has a 40+ year reputation as the premier installer and implementer of fleet C4ISR, submarine communications and shore-based C4IT systems. We are the largest C4ISR Alteration Installation Team (AIT) contractor for the U.S. Navy. We are recognized as a leading provider of C4IT local area networks (LANs), alteration packages, Outside Plant (OSP)/Inside Plant (ISP) infrastructure and integrated systems for the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and State and a number of other federal, civilian, state and local government and commercial organizations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Site Manager to help us expand our Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) at our site in Naples, Italy (OCONUS travel required). In this position, the Manager will have full responsibility to:
- Reviews complicated project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work schedule and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Interaction with senior level customers, Navy Captains and Flag Officers.
- Significant Design and Production experience with OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net)
- Navy Technical background.
- U.S. Top Secret, NATO Secret
- Attend weekly meetings with Command Navy Europe (CNE) project manager (Navy Captain) and SPAWAR leadership.
- Attend weekly teleconferences with SPAWAR project leadership.
- Update and maintain complicated site schedules. Provide input and comment to stakeholders.
- Deploy to Naples, Italy for minimum of 8 week rotations.
- Represent Project Manager while not present on the platform.
- Normal work schedule of 60 hour weeks, working second shift maybe required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree and three years of related experience, or Associate's Degree plus seven years or High School plus twelve years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior defense contracting or military experience preferred.
- In depth knowledge of workings of CNE N6 shop.
- In depth knowledge of workings of NCTS Naples.
- SCI clearance.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
VT Milcom - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Jordan Company (TJC) takes the long view. Along with its affiliates, the investment firm is a long-term investor that works with...