SUMMARY : To manage all facets of fleet operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions related to the job.
- Listen to driver concerns and solve the problem.
- Place student drivers with lead drivers.
- Train drivers.
- Continue driver development.
- Handle many aspects of driver disciplinary action.
- Assist in freight assignments.
- Teach orientation training of new drivers about the operations department.
- Maintain driver retention.
- Handle equipment utilization and efficiency.
- Assure fleet meets Customer Service objectives.
- Interact with terminal and coordinate personnel needs.
- Handle driver cash flow through advance system.
- Answer phone inquiries from drivers regarding discipline policies and equipment policies.
- Monitor driver leave time and duration of out of service trucks.
- Manages Traffic Department for Customer.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to deal with a variety of personalities and diffuse a variety of situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk; sit; and use hands to handle, finger, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to talk and hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CRST International, Inc. - 14 months ago