IES is an $800M national provider of electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial and residential markets.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complex's to housing developments, our nearly 5,000 employees design, build and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees includes an industry leading benefit plan:
- Competitive pay
- Company paid time off
- Choice of medical plan options
- Dental and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term disability insurance
- Company sponsored apprentice programs
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Job Summary:
The Site Manager is responsible for managing successful job completion and ensuring productivity while staying in compliance to project budget. The Site Manager will consistently manage various project crews while assuming responsibility for effective performance of crews and provide training, when necessary. The Site Manager will be responsible for the adherence to Company and Customer safety and quality guidelines.
1. Fully complete all IES and project paperwork accurately and on time (specifically timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required); ensure all Job Closing Packages meet customer and Company standards.
2. Perform quality checks; manage the prevention of outages; assist Project Manager with day to day job walks to ensure quality; prepare red-lined as-built drawings.
3. Serve as main on-site customer contact for questions and/or concerns; attend facility and constructions meetings when required.
4. Perform work consistently demonstrating a detailed level of technical knowledge; troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as they arise.
5. Implement formal corrective action in compliance with Company policy.
6. Manage tool and truck inventory/maintenance.
7. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and channel locks), hammer, cable stripper, flashlight and gloves.
Trade Tools: punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, 6/8 position combo crimp tool, Krone/3M/BIX, butt set, tone set, volt-ohmmeter and a 4-pair continuity tester.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
· Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
· Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
· Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
· Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
· Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
· Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
· Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
· Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency
· Must possess a minimum of five (5) years experience in telecommunications or related technical field to include: three (3) years of structured cabling experience, two (2) years of MAC/Telecom experience, one (1) year of supervisory experience. Two (2) years work experience with IES preferred.
· Must possess and be able to effectively use the tools listed above.
· Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints (electrical, mechanical, architectural, and structural) and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
· Must possess the knowledge to identify and understand the difference between CAT 3 and CAT 5; Riser; Fiber optic; PVC, riser rated and plenum cable; Plenum and PVC environments.
· Must know the universal communications color codes.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project)
· Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.