Veolia Environmental Services North America (VESNA) offers fully integrated environmental solutions to the governmental, enterprise, small business and residential sectors. Our core strength is our ability to deliver integrated services to customers who require a broad spectrum of environmental services, including the collection, treatment and recycling of hazardous and solid wastes, as well as comprehensive industrial maintenance and cleaning services.
The Site Manager oversees the environmental and financial performance of Total Waste and Resource Management Programs at client locations. Responsibilities focus on the proper management of all contractor and professional services associated with hazardous and non-hazardous solid wastes as well as in-plant industrial services. Major emphasis on the creation of cost-saving through the elimination, reduction and recycling of waste.
In addition, the Site Manager:
• Ensures that all duties are performed in accordance with regulatory standards and company policies governing the proper management of solid and hazardous waste
• Ensures that contract and/or subcontract requirements are being met and/or exceeded.
• Communicates with clients, subcontractors and supervisors, any changes or discrepancies in contract and/or subcontract requirements.
• Analyzes financial performance of contracts
• Coordinates Client “in-plant” waste management systems.
• Samples and prepares waste material samples for analysis.
• Identifies and characterizes wastes.
• Prepares containers for proper DOT shipment.
• Prepares and signs shipping paperwork including manifests for all shipments of waste.
• Coordinates scheduling and pickup of waste for third party disposal.
• Coordinates the procurement of necessary waste containers.
• Tracks manifests returned in 35 days, matches documents, and maintains files.
• Monitor activities, track waste and cost data and prepare comprehensive reports. Including: providing data to customer tracking database as required by client
• Provide/Analyze baseline reconciliation as required per contract or more often if needed to manage discrepancies.
• Assist with preparation of annual budget
• Performs and documents waste accumulation area inspections.
• Develop and implement plans and projects focusing on the reduction, reuse and recycling of waste generated by manufacturing, pollution control and maintenance operations
• Analyzes costs/benefits of pollution prevention program.
• Support ISO 14001 work instructions, multi-media compliance audits, regulatory submittals, workplace safety, employee/contractor training and community outreach
• Support management systems & deliverables focusing on federal and local regulatory compliance standards as well as the plant's Environmental Management policies and procedures dealing with the proper management of waste and the prevention of pollution
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelors degree preferred
• Five (5) or more years of related, direct experience
• Minimum Training Required:
o RCRA and DOT Training per 40 and 49 CFR
o 40 hour HAZWOPER
Must pass medical and drug test
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Veolia Environmental Services - 20 months ago