MedNet Solutions is a leading eClinical technology solutions company supporting the pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology industries. Providing innovative, yet proven web-based electronic data capture and clinical study management solutions, MedNet helps companies deploy efficient and successful clinical studies, registries and investigator initiated trials.
MedNet currently seeks an individual to provide technical leadership in system architecture, site performance, site reliability, DevOps, automation, monitoring and consistency across development and production systems. Actively monitor and manage high availability Software as a Service platform to maximize uptime and performance. Provide support to both the software development and IT infrastructure teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide technical leadership for system engineering and software development efforts by integrating and automating various systems and technologies such as web applications, relational databases, information security, servers, networking, etc.
- Develop and maintain configuration management systems.
- Review and analyze current systems and processes to determine requirements.
- Design, develop and maintain tools to automate processes for product development team.
- Develop and maintain monitoring systems.
- Maintain infrastructure and systems to improve automation of deployments and to improve scalability.
- Ensure design, structure, and content meet performance guidelines; may assist with code design, reviews, test planning and testing.
- Assist Software Architects and System Administrators in complex projects.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field.
Experience: Three to five years system administration experience, two to five years of programming experience. Must have experience with DevOps in a Web Application / Software as a Service environment. Must have experience with configuration management, automation, performance, and scalability.
Languages: Required: PHP, Python or Ruby
Databases: Required: PostgreSQL - Beneficial: Cassandra, Hadoop, CouchDB, MongoDB, Redis
Platforms: Required: Linux - Beneficial: Amazon Web Services, OpenStack or VMWare
Miscellaneous: Source Code Control with Git; Puppet, Chef, Salt or CFEngine; Capistrano; Jenkins; System Administration; Infrastructure design for scalability; Performance