Serve as the Site Safety Specialist onsite for a construction project in an industrial setting. This is a temporary consultant role starting in April, 2013.
Education / Experience
Minimum of high school diploma or GED with 5 years construction, craft, or safety (construction or general industry) experience. A 4-year degree in occupational health & safety may be considered in lieu of some work experience, thought it cannot completely substitue.
Possess skills in the following areas:
· Completion of a 30 hour OSHA/MiOSHA Construction Course
· Working knowledge of National, State, and Local Construction Rules, Policies & Laws
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Communicating effectively with personnell at all levels
Duties & Responsibilities
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
· Develop safety plans
· Schedules job site audits
· Perform job site safety inspections and accident analysis in order to identify problem areas and establish safety programming criteria
· Counsel with management personnel in establishing job safety standards
· Maintain adequate accident and injury data to continually monitor current programs
· Ensure that records and documentation are maintained to satisfy corporate, State, Federal and insurance requirements
· Ensure compliance with OSHA and client regulations
· Attend Client safety meetings
· Maintain and coordinate client training requirements
· Other duties as required
Dashiell - 18 months ago
Dashiell specializes in designing, building, testing, and maintaining high and medium voltage electrical systems for utilities, power...