Our Texas Division is currently seeking at Site Safety Health Officer to work on a large Federal job in Texarkana, TX. The Safety Health Officer will be responsible for overall administration of the Safety Guidelines on the Project.
• Monitor safety efforts of Subcontractors and McCarthy employees
• Oversee the issuance of the new hire safety documents and other Division specific information to all new McCarthy employees
• Conduct/coordinate Project Safety "Tool Box" Meetings with all McCarthy employees on a weekly basis
• Discuss safety with the on-site Subcontractors Supervisory Personnel
• Coordinate with Project Supervision so that necessary personal protective equipment and safety materials are utilized
• Record and forward copies of all safety related meetings, programs, safety pre-plans, inspections, correspondence, directives, citations, etc. to the Division Safety Director for tracking
• Coordinate responses and compliance with requirements of inspection reports from McCarthy's insurance company
• Conduct documented Project Safety and Health Inspections not less than twice each month
• Investigate all injuries and review all accident reports, coordinating corrective measures with McCarthy employees or Subcontractor Personnel
• Lead the indoctrination of new McCarthy employees and Subcontractor Personnel into the Safety program and culture
• Post and keep current all required safety documents and literature
• Monitor protection of general public by minimizing construction hazards
• Monitor maintenance of adequate first aid supplies on the Project
• Maintain project OSHA 300 log of injuries and illnesses
• Enforce McCarthy safety policies using the company's disciplinary policy
• Must have 10 years construction safety related experience and 5 years experience working on projects in the $10M - $50M range.
• Must have completed the OSHA 30 Hour Construction Safety Class.
• Must maintain an annual training regimen of a minimum of 24 hours of certifiable training over the last 4 – 5 years (varies per project)
• Must be able to work well with project team to ensure process flow.
• Adequately document daily reports in a manner that is accurate, thorough and covers all requirements.