Manages a team of security personnel for a specified site or campus. Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure protection from intruders, fire hazards, theft, and vandalism. Develops emergency procedures, responds to incidents, and resolves problems or requests assistance of local authorities. Administers site/campus loss prevention program, including monitoring building access and security systems.
Detailed Job Description
- Manages a team of security personnel (Security, Group Coord Lead – Security, Supervisors).
- Performs site/campus security audits/assessments to identify security lapses and risks.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure protection from intruders, fire hazards, theft, and vandalism. Ensures compliance with standard operating procedures regarding restriction of access and badge authentication.
- Advises site operations staff regarding security and makes appropriate recommendations for correction and/or escalates as appropriate.
- Manages usage of all physical security programs and processes within site/campus, including physical alarm systems, CCTV, and supporting programs of each.
- Conducts security awareness and training to operational staff.
- Partner with Americas Security Team to ensure compliance with corporate policies and regulatory statutes. Actively participates in continuing education and motivation of associates to achieve company, customer, and overall loss prevention goals.
- Assists in the maintenance and operation of surveillance, camera/video, and other security/safety related equipment. Partners with Americas Security Team on equipment needs and upgrades.
- Completes accurate reporting related to internal and external investigations.
- Conducts security and procedural incident investigations and audits. Contacts Americas Security Team as appropriate.
- Stays abreast of investigative and interviewing techniques and procedures and maintains positive interaction with local law enforcement agencies to assist in common loss prevention goals.
- Responds to and investigates all instances of reported and suspected associate dishonesty; conducts interviews in partnership with Human Resources and Americas Security Team as applicable.
- Ensures that site(s) are in compliance with customer commercial risk and security requirements.
- Partners with customer representative to complete required risk and security assessments.
- Ensures that site(s) Business Continuity Plans (BCP) / Contingency Plans include risk and security requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Three to five years of security, loss prevention, law enforcement, and/or military experience
· One to three years of supervisory experience in a security environment
· Working knowledge of logistics security
· Working knowledge of local, state, and federal security regulations.
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Good systematic problem solving skills
· Good interviewing and interrogation skills
· Good computer skills, including use of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software programs
· Working knowledge of physical security systems
Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 sites...