The Site Services Custodial Support Technician will provide site-wide custodial support including the cleanroom and laboratory environments as well as office space and public areas. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
At times, based on business necessity, this position will be assigned to work within the Cleanroom. When in the Cleanroom the duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitary conditions of all public areas.
- Clean restrooms daily; disinfect toilets, sinks, etc. (Checked throughout the day.)
- Replace paper products, refill hand-washing soap in rest rooms. (Checked throughout the day.)
- Clean carpets, strip and apply floor wax using appropriate cleaning machines as directed.
- Clean walls, doors, windows and dust as directed
- Stock/order supplies
- Pick-up and dispose of trash consistent with institutional standards.
- Mop/vacuum floors daily or as directed. (When required use auto-scrubber)
- Mop any liquid spills or leaks that occur. Assist in any major spills and leaks site-wide.
- Assist with recycling program in keeping with Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) standards.
- Assist security of facility by reporting suspicious activity. As well as escorting any visitors who have not been properly checked-in to the security control center.
- Effectively communicate with supervisor regarding any maintenance related issues as they become present in assigned area.
- Assist with snow removal at building entryways. Salt entryways to reduce slips and falls. (During winter months)
- Assist with conduct of special events as concerned with cleaning duties and general conference assistance. This requires effectively working with co-workers to complete the tasks for special events. Many of these events are after hours and on weekends
- Maintain a professional and orderly janitor closet. Chemicals must be stored according to OSHA regulations.
- Mop/vacuum floors daily or as directed using special Cleanroom techniques and cleanroom cleaning products.
- Perform particle counts as directed
- Provide cleaned Cleanroom garments each week
- Throw out trash; remove chemical wastes.
- Each year perform entire Cleanroom scrub down that includes ceilings, walls, etc.
- Assist Contractors during equipment installation to ensure/monitor that Cleanroom practices are followed.
- Assist where needed to wipe down materials or tools that enter Cleanroom
- Perform minor mechanical tasks such as replacing light bulbs, installing first aid kits
- Mop any liquid spills or leaks that occur
- Clean walls, doors, windows and dust as directed using special Cleanroom Techniques and products.
- Monitor that all entering Cleanroom are properly gowned and certified.
- Certify individuals follow Cleanroom protocols.
- Communicate and provide service to tenants in assigned area.
- Assist the maintenance of fire safety by immediately reporting potential fire safety compromise situations to Security; assist to mitigate
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
The position requires a knowledge of professional cleaning techniques AND relevant experience in custodial or janitorial fields; basic mechanical ability (i.e. can use screwdriver, wrench); fluency in English and ability to write basic communication messages; must be able to maintain excellent communication with peers and also with clients for whom cleaning services are performed; must have ability to use cell phone; be willing to work on weekdays, weekends, and evenings in support of operational needs; have the ability to lift up to 50 lb containers safely and efficiently; stand for the majority of the shift and work occasionally outdoors; strong customer service, especially when working on confidential matters. Candidates must also address in their applications their abilities to work with culturally diverse populations.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering - 13 months ago