National Express Corporation (NEC), a nation-wide leader in student transportation services, consists of Durham School Services in the United States and Stock Transportation in Canada . Both Durham and Stock share a strong commitment to provide quality transportation, outstanding customer service, positive employee relations and the highest level of safety. We are currently seeking a Site Supervisor with experience working in the ground transportation industry to oversee our Saydel (and Colfax) Customer Service Center.
Position Requirements :
- Evaluate the performance of all direct-report personnel on a regular basis according to company policy.
- Administer appropriate employee discipline as necessary.
- Manage direct and indirect hours, minimizing overtime for the employees.
- Collect and audit employees' time sheets.
- Ensure the effective utilization of vehicles and optimize vehicle routing and record supporting documentation.
- Ensure that key pupil transportation data are collected.
- Monitor on-time performance.
- Document and manage customer or employee complaints.
- Assist Area General Manager in preparation of the Annual Operating Plan and subsequent analysis of variance.
- Supervise compliance with Company policies and/or processes by action and speech. Discuss any breech of policy and procedure noted with Area General Manager.
- Schedule and dispatch drivers for maximum efficiency.
- Meet regularly with school district administrators to review service quality and performance, address other business issues and enhance the relationship.
- Follow up with parents on parent survey results.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Responsible for knowledge of CSC contracts, finances and operational requirements.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- 5+ years’ work experience required, with 3 years in ground transportation industry preferred; this can be waived with a minimum of 1-year supervisory experience. College education can be substituted for up to 2 years required work experience.
- Class B CDL Driver’s License with School Bus Endorsement required.
- Proven supervisory expertise and knowledge of related methods, practices and techniques.
- Computer literacy, preferably in word processing and spreadsheets, excellent interpersonal skills, well developed written and verbal communication skills. Basic math skills,
- Relationship building and maintenance and collaborative skills to provide high-level support and advice to local decision-making customers, foster and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work collaboratively to develop strategies/solutions to satisfactorily resolve issues.
- Oral and written communication skills to communicate clearly regarding events and their resolution, provide direction, coaching and mentoring, create an environment that encourages and values input and feedback from the driving workforce, promote the company as a leading edge service provider in bus transportation, promote new/enhanced business services to existing customers, prepare reports and make presentations.
- Well-developed multi-tasking and time and priority management skills to balance conflicting demands related to customer care and routing.
Benefits : Durham School Services offers a full package of benefits and paid time off.
To Apply : Interested, qualified candidates please submit your resume and cover letter via the online application process below or visit our website at www.durhamschoolservices.com and select the “Join Our Team” Section.
About Us: National Express Corporation (NEC), a nation-wide leader in student transportation, is made up of Stock Transportation in Canada and Durham School Services in the United States. Both Stock and Durham share a strong commitment to provide quality transportation, outstanding customer service, positive employee relations and the highest level of safety.
Key Words : Site Supervisor, Site Manager, Terminal Supervisor, Terminal Manager, Operations Manager, Dispatch Manager, Transportation Supervisor, Transit Supervisor, Transit Manager, Student Transportation Supervisor, Manager of Student Transportation, Assistant Transportation Manager, Assistant Contract Manager, Assistant Director of Transportation, Bus, School Bus, Pupil, Student, Passenger, Transportation, Ground Transportation, Public Transit, Special Needs Transportation, Logistics, Operations, DOT, Transport, Route, Routing, School, Public School, Field Trip, Charter, Safety, Passenger Safety, NAPT, VersaTrans, Synovia, Edulog
National Express Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Durham School Services - 9 months ago
Wanna go for a ride? National Express has a seat. Specializing in passenger transportation, the company serves riders in North America,...