Site Survey Specialist
This position is based in Albany, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The role: Site Survey Specialist
As a Site Survey Specialist you will be responsible for working on a team to coordinate and consolidate the technology environment which will enable data, voice, video, IM and web conferencing. You will be required to complete onsite assessments of the physical locations, collect required data (equipment detail, rack details, and specification, UPS information, etc.) and participate in project kick off meetings to explain requirements. You may also implement and support installations, provide general network support which includes routing, switching and wireless technologies. You will be expected to participate in all phases of projects including site surveys and analysis, planning and execution.
- Must be able to work with project manager and work by the migration schedule
- Responsible and Accountable to ensure end-user data collection is performed accurately and thoroughly. This includes being able to match the current operation to the new phone solutions and functions
- Be a part of or lead kick off meetings with the locations and explain the data collection and requirements process
- Complete onsite assessments of the physical locations and collect data to be populated into site survey document.
- Gather wiring information (type of wiring in the closet)
- Gather network device configurations for switches, routers and services
- Gather circuit details
- Identify Analog lines that will require ATA of VGs
- Review and understand all submitted spreadsheets and modify them to include any required information gaps
- Point person for onsite project manager with responsibilities of ensuring project manager has all completed site surveys on time, ensure files are up to date and completed for end user data, and other site survey gather by Technician Specialist, as well being able to review any additional data that may need to be collected for proper provisioning
- Mandatory :
- Bachelors Degree and 3 years of experience or a minimum of 5 years equivalent experience in telecommunications/networking
- Experience working with on-site staff performing station reviews - complete end-user data information gathering, matching user to existing phone model, type and function and identifying any non-standard features needed
- Experience identifying and documenting third party devices that connect to phone, alarm, paging systems or modems
- Experience working with customers to interpret business requirements and document the requirements by deliverables
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written mediums, specifically with experience with delivering technical information to non-technical staff members
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment
- Experience with VoIP technology (Cisco, Avaya, etc.)
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.
nfrastructure - 15 months ago