Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction. Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100. At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.Job Purpose: Manage and develop the assigned area while accomplishing corporate goals in a safe and profitable manner. Ensure all regulatory requirements are met and maintain a zero Classified Accident Rate. Assist in strategic market plans to promote Orica products, services and personnel, while maintaining/improving current customer margins and developing new key strategic accounts. Assist in preparation of budgets and business plans. Conduct ongoing customer financial analysis to identify opportunities to grow sales, improve productivity and increase margins.Essential Duties: Safety, Health & Environment
- Active management of SHE program including JSERAs, Emergency Plan, Change Notices, Waste Management, Vital stats reporting and all other critical/core procedures.
- Pro-actively address any safety concerns and ensure Personal Protective Equipment is worn at all times. Ensure SHE permits completed as needed. Provide information for reporting any injuries/accidents immediately. Communicate Orica Safety standards to employees, vendors, and customers. Ensures that all equipment is in good, safe operating condition. Direct SHE and compliance activities including training, OSHA, MSHA, DOT, state blaster’s and ATF licensing.
- Provide analytical/decision support to area manager on continuous improvement plan for growing sales/profit and decreasing operational costs.
- Participate in the short, medium, and long-term planning activities of the site including monthly reporting of financial and sales data.
- Pro-actively recruit, select, train and retain employees with key skills.
- Complete objective setting and performance evaluations of all staff.
- Complete mandatory monthly inventory, safety meetings, annual Letter of Assurance and SHE Action Management requirements.
- Audit and inspect site operations to ensure regulatory requirements are met and are performed safely in accordance with all company SHE policies.
- Ensure mandatory training of all employees completed and documented. Manage employee training plans. Document all training activities, develop, motivate and supervise employees for performance to full potential while safely providing customer service. Forward required documents to JJ Keller for driver qualification compliance with DOT standards.
- Ensure that good housekeeping, record keeping, and preventative maintenance programs are in place.
- Assist in preparation of sales forecasts, fixed cost budgets, capital, staffing, and equipment requirements as per Resource Model requirements.
- Analyze site inventories (forecasting) to minimize product quantities and improve site profitability through stock rotation management.
- Schedule daily activities of employees to meet customer requirements and ensure proper management of site including raw material ordering, accurate and timely invoicing, an preventative maintenance.
- Communicate and develop/implement action plan to address any operational issues with Area Manager. Effectively communicate and manage all outside regulatory agency audits/inspections and implement necessary action plans as required.
- Maintain, develop, and increase Orica accounts in a safe and profitable manner while meeting corporate goals and improving customer satisfaction.
- Regular and timely communications/scheduling with customers seeking opportunities for improving Orica services. Participate in BOT/BRAD process.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree or higher in appropriate field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience in management position with operations, employee/customer, and technical focus.
- Extensive knowledge of blasting operations/customer service in quarry and construction markets.
- Ability to analyze/impact financial data utilizing SAP, Resource Modelling, and QOMS database.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and the Internet.
- Organization, attentive to detail, time management and quality control.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of BATF, OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, state and other applicable regulations.
- Mechanical comprehension of operation/maintenance of equipment.
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
- Fast paced workload with time pressure and decision making responsibilities.
- Moderate physical stress with occasional long hours and moderate travel.
- Close contact with blast crews and management.
- Work environment involves being outside in all types of weather and also working in an office setting.
- Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling and carrying up to 60 lbs.
- Strong manual dexterity, sitting, standing, walking, and occasional reaching and bending.
- Other activities include frequent bending and squatting during preparation for shots.
Orica USA - 5 months ago