This position will supervise activities at the skate park and will be responsible for admissions, maintenance of equipment and the behavior of the participants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Maintain the skate park by keeping the park clean of debris and trash collection.
(2) Perform inspections of the park equipment, blowing off debris from the deck, washing down equipment and deck and general cleaning.
(3) Respond to complaints regarding damaged property in the parks and report findings to the supervisor.
(4) Maintain a variety of records relating to repairs, replacements and maintenance activities.
(5) Complete reports including facility usage reports and accident reports.
(6) Control access to park by selling admissions to skate park and collecting money.
(7) Complete a waiver to be signed by each participant.
(8) Control behavior in the park by enforcing all rules, policies and procedures of the skate park.
(9) Plan and conduct special events in the park.
(10) Supervise scheduled riding and special events.
(11) Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
(12) Other related duties as assigned.
(1) Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
(2) Complete first-aid training provided by the department.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
(1) First-aid experience is preferred.
(2) Basic understanding of bikes, skateboards and in-line skate equipment and operation.
(3) Ability to enforce rules.
(4) Ability to resolve conflicts between participants.
(5) Ability to make sound and rational decisions.
(6) Ability to make change and balance cash receipts to admissions sold.
(7) Obtain first-aid certification by completing a first-aid class at the employee’s expense.