This is a Part Time Position Only. This position will average under 20 Hours a week. Please only apply if you are looking for Part Time Work.
Do you have a passion for skiing that you want to share with others? If so, then we have an opportunity for you to embark on a new career as a Ski Instructor. The Ski & Ride School at Winter Park Resort is currently looking for part time Kids Ski Instructors who are new to the career. The Ski Instructor is primarily responsible for teaching skiing to the guests of Winter Park Resort. This may include class lessons, private lessons and special programs as assigned; for children ages 3-14 years old in the ski program, and 4 years old and older in the snowboard program. Lessons are taught using manners and methods prescribed by the Winter Park Ski & Ride School using the Guest Centered Teaching model, with an emphasis on safety and guest satisfaction in order to meet or exceed the motivations and expectations of our guests. Assist with other Ski & Ride School duties and department needs as assigned. Follows, consistently, all policies and procedures set forth in the Employee Handbook. Bilingual Instructors are encouraged to apply.
- Must be 18 years of age or older with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Coaching/teaching experience with children preferred.
- Must be available for mandatory training days.
- Part-Time Instructors are required to work a minimum of 20 days (Weekends & Holidays) in addition to the required training days.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check your schedule daily and throughout the day using the computers located inside and across the hallway from the Ski & Ride School locker room.
- Check in for class and private lessons throughout the day at designated areas as assigned by Supervisor.
- Report to all assignments in proper uniform, adhering to all established appearance and uniform guidelines.
- Teach lessons as assigned - class, private, special programs; adult and/or children.
- Maintain a friendly, congenial, and helpful attitude while effectively dealing with the guests and other employees.
- Report any unsafe conditions regarding equipment and area of work, or elsewhere on the premises.
- Be aware of area cleanliness. Throughout the day, pick up trash.
- When done teaching for the day, fill out pay slip and check out with Team Leader or Supervisor.
- Participate in required Ski & Ride School and Winter Park Resort trainings and orientations.
- Remain current with teaching and skiing/riding skills through participation in WPSRS training as well as PSIA/AASI training. Cross-train in opposite discipline and willingly work in all areas of SRS.
- Work closely with Supervisor or Team Leader to establish goals for the year.
- Teach clinics as assigned.
- Assign classes, private lessons and/or special programs as delegated.
- Maintain a high level of physical conditioning.
- Other duties as assigned, such as assisting with patrol sweep
Personal Attributes :
- Is honest and has the highest integrity.
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information.
- Professional appearance. Not only adheres to grooming guidelines, but is comfortable in discussing a lack thereof with other employees.
- Follows established policies and procedures. Is supportive of Core Values. Sets the example for others and is above reproach. Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment.
- Is flexible with hours and days of work. Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week. Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life.