Skilled Care Licensed Practical Nurse
The mission of the Skilled Care Licensed Practical Nurse is to support all individuals in obtaining the best possible health. The nursing process (assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation) will be the source of all tasks as to support individuals in achieving their desired personal outcomes, to allow for a fully integrated life as citizens of Pennsylvania.
As one of SPIN’s License Practical Nurse’s your duties may include:
- Administers first aide and emergency nursing services as deemed necessary.
- Assists individual to have the best possible health by teaching skills, providing supports and information on healthy lifestyles, communicating all health-related issues with SPIN Adult Services, Children Services and Behavioral Health Services and building on strengths and capabilities .
- Utilizes the nursing process (assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation) to ensure that all necessary health care is coordinated and obtained.
- Completes accurate and through nursing assessments and documents the findings as needed.
- Coordinates the fulfillment and distribution of all physicians’ medication and treatment prescriptions.
- Completes all medication administration and documentation in accordance with SPIN’s policies and procedures.
- Schedules and accompanies individuals on necessary medical appointments as needed, providing relevant medical history, medication information and health insurance information to the health care providers.
- Provides training in the area of health & wellness, both preventative and maintenance, to the individual, child, families and employees as needed.
- Completing medical examination reports for each appointment, maintains medical record, and distributes evaluations and medical reports .
- Coordinating the fulfillment and distribution of all physicians’ medication prescriptions.
- Maintaining a database of information sheets for all prescribed medications and provides information to individual homes as indicated.
- Maintaining current medication logs and completes all documentation within the guidelines of all state and agency regulations.
- Monitoring medication administration and documentation in all Adult Services’ living arrangements.
- Coordinating the creation and distribution of a weekly medical appointment schedule.
- Keeps informed on new theories, practices and innovations in the health care field so as to continually improve and update services for the individual.
- Requirements include:
- Pennsylvania License Practical Nurse Certification.
- One year med surgical experience.
- Case Management experience as well as experience working with Adults with Intellectual disabilities.
- Valid driver’s license, car insurance and vehicle. Willingness to travel the Philadelphia area.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and/or other Windows based programs.
- Ability to work independently as well as be an effective team member.