Kern Community College District
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of skilled duties related to carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical and general building maintenance duties at an assigned campus location; perform skilled field maintenance duties.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Vacation, sick leave, holidays, income protection and retirement included.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Methods, practices, equipment and tools used in carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical work and concrete construction.
• Record keeping techniques.
• Basic math.
• Safe work practices.
• Perform a full range of assigned skilled maintenance work including carpentry, plumbing, painting, light construction and electrical work.
• Use and care for tools and equipment used in maintaining and repairing assigned maintenance area.
• Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, sketches and drawings.
• Maintain records related to work performed.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school supplemented by formal training in one of the skilled crafts AND two years of journey-level skilled craftsworking and maintenance experience.
Position Number: 00800
Posting Date: 07/11/2013
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $3,503.34 per month
Maximum Salary: $4,255.41 per month
College/Site: Porterville College
Location: PC-Main Campus
Salary Grade: 42.5
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by Thursday, July 25, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/3652
- 2 years ago - save job