Duncaster, a premier continuing care retirement community in Bloomfield, CT is currently seeking an experienced full-time Scheduler to fill a key position in our skilled nursing facility. This position is responsible for all activities related to scheduling of nursing staff. With primary responsibility for developing and maintaining staffing schedules for the facility while working closely with the Director of Nursing and nurse managers in order to maintain accurate daily schedules.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares monthly staff schedule.
- Prepares weekly staffing summary report.
- Replaces nursing staff due to planned and unplanned vacancies.
- Maintains staffing budget through accurate and timely scheduling of staff.
- Updates employee information lists and forwards changes to HR.
- Acts as a back up for Unit Secretary as necessary including ordering supplies.
- Acts as a back up for Receptionist for health center, greets and directs visitors and answers questions.
- Acts as a back-up for E-TIME payroll system.
- Minimum of 2-5 years professional experience in a similar environment; previous healthcare staffing experience a plus.
- Minimum H.S. diploma, preferably administrative/business office training.
- Excellent computer and typing skills, including scheduling and timekeeping software, MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to design forms, postings, and other documents using graphics.
- Professional appearance, demeanor and phone manner.
- Ability to handle a wide variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential material.
- Excellent attendance.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work in a state-of-the art healthcare facility. Interested candidates should apply in person at Human Resources, 40 Loeffler Road, Bloomfield, CT 06002 or via e-mail or fax to 860-380-5102. EOE M/F
Indeed - 15 months ago