The Skills Coach will provide direct services to Mulitdimensional Treatment Foster Care youth.
SOME OF THE DUTIES ARE AS FOLLOWS: (but not limited to)
· Provide skills training to the foster child one or more times a week. Skills training areas of focus are directly related to the goals of the child's treatment plan and may include strategic modeling, practicing of skills and positive reinforcement in sessions. Skills trainers will receive training and ongoing supervision to implement the treatment during sessions.
· The skills trainer will document each skills training session on the appropriate forms and turn them in to program staff in a timely fashion each week.
· The skills trainer will receive consultation and supervision from the Program Supervisor. The skills trainer will attend weekly treatment team meetings. The skills trainer will immediately report emergencies such as runaways, accidents, or medial problems and contact the program supervisor in the moment/during sessions as indicated.
H.S diploma or equivalent. College credits preferred.
· Interest in the mental health field. Some training or experience in the field is preferred.
· Ability to observe a child's behavior and implement a behavior management program on a daily basis.
· Some knowledge and familiarity of behavior management principles and ways of facilitating behavior change is preferred.
· Demonstrate conceptual understanding of developmentally appropriate behavior for children/adolescents in the home, school, and community.
· Ability to establish a strong relationship with a child or adolescent that combines warmth and humor with effective modeling of prosocial skills.
· Ability to provide skill-building training/practice and a reinforcing approach to assist a child in acquisition of new skills.
· Ability to work cooperatively with Program Supervisor to implement child's program; accept supervision well; be readily available for supervision; attend meetings; complete assigned paperwork.
· Computer Proficient, Knowledge of Connections preferred
Leake & Watts - 18 months ago
Leake & Watts has been providing social services for over 180 years, continually expanding our programs to meet the changing needs of...