PURPOSE : Provides skills training to children and adolescents ages 3 to 18 experiencing mental health issues and behavioral problems in an outpatient, community based, or home visit settings. Provides appropriate case management with families, care providers, and community partners relating to treatment options.
POSITION SPECIFIC : Must be able to work a flexible schedule: days/evenings.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Meets performance standards for direct client care, documentation, quality (including engagement and evidence based practices), and teamwork.
- Continually increases level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Collects supplementary information needed to assist client, such as medical records, or school reports.
- Conducts individual, family, parenting, and group skills trainings sessions based on current evidenced based practices.
- Responsible for case management.
- Provides evidence based interventions based on clients' interests, culture, abilities, strengths, and needs, according to the individual service and support plan.
- Uses program outcome measures as assigned.
- Maintains awareness of community resources and helps clients and their families to access these resources.
- Consults with supervisor on cases involving potential abuse or other family problems affecting clients' development and well being.
- May act as client advocate to coordinate required services or to obtain information regarding emergency /crisis situations and relate information to appropriate team members.
- Maintains chart notes related to external contracts, obtains pertinent records from other treatment and track client’s involvement, follow-through and progress in treatment activities. Documents and maintains client records to ensure compliance with agency and contract guidelines and confidentiality within specified timelines. Completes documentation in electronic health record system.
- Participates in regular individual and team meetings.
- Travels between sites or in the community. Transports clients in a personal vehicle.
- Bachelor’s degree in areas of Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or a mental health related field OR a minimum of 3 years of prior experience working with the related population in the counseling field (QMHA) required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; understand mental health assessments, treatment and service terminology, case management, confidentiality, and individual, group, family and other counseling techniques; program policies and procedures for services and supports identified in an Individual Services and Supports Plan.
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally-competent treatment services to diverse client populations and maintain a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Previous experience in broad range of interventions and mental health skills training specific to children, adolescents and families.
- Knowledge of community resources and treatment agencies enabling appropriate referrals for specific client needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system required.
- Requires access to a car, a valid driver’s license, proof of current automobile insurance coverage and ability to meet LifeWorks NW driving requirements.
LifeWorks NW - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard