Sleep Center Manager is accountable for all aspects of the Sleep Disorder Centers of Cheyenne Regional Medical Center (CRMC) to include but is not limited to: marketing all aspects of the sleep service line, staff selection, yearly evaluations, yearly competencies, staff licensure verification, program planning and development, quality improvement, financial management, patient safety, patient satisfaction, develop and maintain effective staff/physician relationships. The Manager must perform the duties as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist to include but is not limited to over-scoring of sleep studies, performance of nocturnal and/or daytime studies as needed. The manager will be expected to act as a resource person to the other members of the Sleep Center and the staff and physicians of CRMC.
1. Effectively markets all aspects of the Sleep Disorder Centers
2. Develops and maintains effective Physician and staff relationships
3. Develops and mitigates understanding of annual employee evaluations for all employees of the Sleep Disorder Centers of CRMC.
4. Counsels employees as necessary and informs Sleep Lab Director when appropriate.
5. Oversees all employee relations issues to include hiring and firing authority. Will keep Sleep Lab Director informed.
6. Develops Sleep Center Practice protocols, policies and procedures.
7. Performs audits of both charting and critical test values
8. Fiscally responsible for all procedure charges and all supply ordering.
9. Ensures all staff members have all equipment and supplies to do the best job they can.
10. Oversight of Sleep Lab to ensure all repairs and maintenance are complete
11. Oversees all staff schedules. Assures staff report worked hours accurately.
12. Other projects and duties as assigned by the Cardiopulmonary Director.
13. Performs all assigned therapeutic and diagnostic procedures as set in the guidelines for the Job Duties of Registered Polysomnographic Technologist.
14. Performs MSLT, MWT, actigraphy monitor patient set-up, Pap-Naps and any other daytime studies that may be indicated.
15. Maintains professional growth by presenting internal and/or external in-service programs, pursuing further certification or registries and reading appropriate magazines and journals.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to deal effectively with patients, families, visitors, physicians, and staff.
- Must be able to handle extremely stressful and emotional situations.
- Ability to effectively apply principles of relationship management, human resources administration, and planning of financial operations, marketing and development.
- Certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist.
- Prior managerial experience
- Prior marketing and program development experience.
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 16 months ago
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...