Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent; obtain and maintain appropriate Bank Product Knowledge Certification.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations communicative, and sales skills; credit underwriting and/or credit administration knowledge; ability to utilize software tools and conduct credit analysis; a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank consumer products and services; visual and auditory skills; valid driver’s license.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years’ related experience normally required.
Responsible for underwriting small commercial loans and performing a variety of other duties to support the bank’s lending function; complying with operating policies and procedures established for the credit analysis function; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information; maintaining appropriate records and providing assigned reports.
1. Underwrites loans and performs a variety of other duties to support the bank’s small business commercial lending function of which the following are illustrative:
a. Reviews loan application and financial information for completeness; follows up on any missing documentation.
b. Conducts collateral and other analyses as needed to render a credit decision.
c. Prepares loan submission memo/package for approval of the loan request.
d. Ensures the satisfactory and prompt delivery of all loan underwriting decisions.
e. Communicates alternative financing options for customers to the appropriate personnel of the Bank.
f. Notifies appropriate personnel of the Bank of decision, requests for additional information, and conditions for approval.
g. Coordinates with appropriate personnel of the Bank to ensure proper closing documentation is received from the applicant for loan closing.
h. Monitors, processes, and authorizes small business line of credit renewals and extensions up to an authorization limit as well as ACH annual renewals.
i. Participates in CreditQuest enhancements pertaining to small business loan product development and implementation.
j. Conducts small business loan training for branch/bank personnel as needed.
k. Orders flood certifications, environmental screenings and appraisals for small business loans.
l. Engages attorneys, reviews title work and settlement sheets prior to loan closings.
m. Assists with construction draws and disbursements.
n. Performs other related duties as assigned.
2. Initiates, coordinates and processes the new ACH requests from Treasury Management.
3. Participates in the preparation/completion of the Small Business Administration applications for small business commercial loan requests.
4. Participates in the appraisal review process of the small business commercial loans for the branches.
5. Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
6. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
7. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B), Flood Disaster Protection Act, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (Reg C), etc.
8. Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
9. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
1. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Various outside locations
2. PC/Computer keyboard
5. Copy machine
7. Fax machine
Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free