Education/Training: Paralegal Certification or Associate’s Degree in related field preferred or equivalent relevant experience; obtain and maintain appropriate Bank Product Knowledge Certification.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations communicative, and sales skills; credit underwriting and/or credit administration knowledge; ability to utilize software tools and conduct credit analysis; a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank consumer products and services; visual and auditory skills; valid driver’s license.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years’ related experience normally required.
Responsible for performing administrative duties to support the small business underwriting function; performing a variety of other duties to support the bank’s lending function; complying with operating policies and procedures established for the small business; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information; maintaining appropriate records and providing assigned reports.
1. Perform administrative duties to support the small business department of which the following are illustrative:
a. Reviews loan application and financial information for completeness, follows up on any missing information with the Branches, and gathers support information for the new loan requests.
b. Loads small business loan request into loan decision & review system.
c. Assists with appraisal requests, Attorney memos and scheduling of loan closings.
d. Provides support for collateral evaluation and underwriting small business commercial loans using the loan decision & review system, when needed.
e. Prepares denial letters and respective files.
f. Prepare new small business loan files for booking which includes completing checklists and verification of CRA and/or HMDA as well as ticklers and covenants, if needed.
g. Provides support for the preparation of all necessary commercial loan documents via the loan document preparation system.
h. Monitor, process, and authorize small business line of credit renewals and extensions up to an authorization limit as well as ACH annual renewals.
i. Maintain various tracking logs.
j. Complete FSA/SBA/USDA annual loan reviews.
k. Maintain disaster recovery plans and procedures for the department.
l. Filing and other administrative duties.
m. Work on special projects as assigned.
2. Provides support for loan decision & review system including the following: assists with enhancements, functionality, upgrades, training to the system and prepares various department reports including the commercial pipelines and completed loan report as well as financial letter requests.
3. Initiate and coordinate ACH requests from Treasury Management.
4. Participate in the preparation/completion of the Small Business Administration applications for small business commercial loan requests.
5. Coordinate specific work tasks with other key personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
6. Abide by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
7. Cooperate with, participate in, and support the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B), Flood Disaster Protection Act, etc.
8. Report pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
9. Respond to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
10. Communicate with management and staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
11. Maintain appropriate records and provides assigned reports.
1. Perform tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Various outside locations
2. PC/Computer keyboard
5. Copy machine
7. Fax machine
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
First United Bank and Trust - 12 months ago