PURPOSE AND DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
Candidate in this job are responsible for preparing, filing, and documenting loans in the Small Claims Unit as it relates to small claims and superior court filings. Candidates also make and received calls from the court and customers regarding filed and or pending small claims or superior court filings. These candidates may also be responsible for appearing in small claims matters to prove up CashCall cases in open court. Candidates will also assist other departments with projects and other tasks or duties when needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the litigation process from filing the lawsuit to judgment and garnishment.
- Prepare court approved forms with accuracy and meet process deadlines.
- Call court house for status updates on court cases and processing of court forms
- Accurately update legal fields and note log
- Update and maintain court calendar and ensure proper coverage on court trial dates
- Follow up with process servers to ensure that our defendants were served in the allotted time frames.
- Prepare “appearance" package to ensure proper presentation of CashCall case.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely in open court for the purpose of proving up CashCall case
- Follow up with Sheriff for status updates on Earning Withholding Order(s)
- Accurately notate accounts regarding all status updates
- Prepare and maintain reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Process check by phone or requests for ACH payoff (when applicable)
- Process mail accordingly and timely
- Scan and verify documents to customer accounts
- P rocess emails and faxes from customers and vendors
- Work conducive with all other departments
- Assist with other tasks and duties when asked
- Promote a positive work environment
- 1 to 2 years of customer service experience in a call center environment
- Maintain regular 8 hour shift in addition to mandatory Saturdays required based on business needs, and month end 12 hour mandatory shifts (shifts and days may vary) no exceptions.
- Ability to multi-task speaking with customers and typing in notes
- Basic understanding of FDCPA and court rules
- Detail Oriented with strong time management skills
- Excellent Phone Etiquette
- Strong listening skills
- Work well under pressure
- Team Player
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel