The Snack Bar Attendant has contact with guests on the boats, selling snacks and beverages. It is one of the most critical jobs at Alcatraz Cruises because every single guest rides a boat twice. Thus the Snack Bar Attendant has optimal opportunities to provide excellent customer service that goes beyond expectations and to sell/upsell products from our boat menu.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Promptly and professionally greets guests seeking assistance.
- Greets guests upon entering the restaurant/food cart/snack bar area.
· S elects requested food and beverage items from serving and storage areas and assembles items as needed
· Complies with all health and safety regulations and food safety department practices.
· Prepares hot and cold beverages according to department procedures
· Explains how the self serve areas work (e.g., Soup and Coffee Bar), and provides food containers.
· Maintains clean and safe eating and serving areas
· Efficiently stocks and supplies food and non-food products according to department procedures.
Cash Handling :
· Accurately processes and finalizes cash and credit according to department procedures.
· Follows proper procedures for completing credit card transactions
· Computes and records totals of transactions
· Follows proper procedures for opening and closing cash drawers
· Upsells products when serving guests; builds guest awareness of various offerings/products in all areas of Food and Beverage.
- Participates in “Respect The Planet” practices while on duty
RESPECT OUR PLANET RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Understand and follow all RESPECT procedures that relate to your job duties.
· Work with a “safety-first” attitude.
· Minimize your impact on the environment when at work.
· Treat our customers with RESPECT at all times.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Alcatraz Cruises from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Crewmembers with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Assists guests with questions regarding SF and Alcatraz.
- Assists in the Café, when staffing requires.
- Performs other duties, as needed.
Upon employment, all crewmembers are required to fully comply with Alcatraz Cruises rules and regulations. Employees who violate Alcatraz Cruises rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
· Serve Safe Recommended
· TIPS Recommended
· 1 year in Hospitality Required
· One year retail cash handling required
· 1 year food and beverage experience in a retail or restaurant operation
· Must be able to work a minimum of 24 hours a week during peak season.
· Must be able to pass drug screening
Alcatraz Cruises, LLC - 20 months ago